February 2016 Moms

Rock n Play?

So we found that our 5 week old absolutely sleeps in the RnP :)!!! Now my question is - when should we move him out of the RnP and into his PnP or crib for actual night sleep? 

Answers

• DS has been sleeping in there since he came home from the hospital. He's 8 weeks now and I plan to start transitioning him to his crib for at least part of the night this next week or two so he's in his crib permanently by the time I go back to work in another month. It definitely helps him sleep longer being in there but o think it's getting a little cramped for him at the same time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pediatrician said to start putting the baby in her crib drowsy between 6-8 weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! We just found this out for our 4 week old! It has resulted in longer stretches of sleep! Yay!!!
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    As soon as possible, technically not supposed to sleep in them. 
  • Any success stories out there? I tried to get LO to sleep in the pnp tonight instead of the rnp or my chest... Already gave up for today! 
  • We use the rock n' play for nap times during the day and his crib at night. I started him in his crib at two weeks old and luckily I haven't had any issues with the crib. I swaddle him in his halo sleep sack, turn on a white noise machine with projector, and have a humidifier running. 
  • With my first daughter we used the rock n play for 4 months and then switched her (and stopped swaddling her) and put her in her crib. She made the adjustment well. Just started waking up once a night.  

Im trying it again with my second and I hope that I am just as successful!!
  • I'm interested in this as well. Our baby girl sleeps in the rnp but I think by 4 months well move her into the pnp still in our room. We won't move her out of our rom until 6 months. I have put her in the crib for naps today and she did well.
  • 5 week old LO has been sleeping in bassinet in living room with one of us (me only on weekdays) on couch nearby. I am desperate to get him in his crib in our bedroom so I can sleep in a bed with my husband again but I don't know where to even begin. Every time I put him in the crib after a nighttime feeding he just wakes up and cries. This week is probably a good time to transition because my husband will be away so if he cries a lot getting down, it won't wake my husband but it also seems exhausting to try to train baby on something new when I'm already spread thin by being on my own. Appreciate any thoughts on how to get this done. 
  • @themommabee what is different between your bassinet and crib? (mattress gel, incline, sheets, etc). I'd start there. Any reason you can't move the bassinet to your room so you can sleep in the bed? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• VitaLuna said:
    @themommabee what is different between your bassinet and crib? (mattress gel, incline, sheets, etc). I'd start there. Any reason you can't move the bassinet to your room so you can sleep in the bed? 
    I think it's just the size. Even swaddled, I think he feels too exposed in the crib. We use the bassinet in our living room so much during the day, I don't want to bring it back and forth. I guess now that he is awake more, I could move it down to the bedroom and put him down for naps down there and just do the occasional living room nap on the Boppy pillow. Maybe I will try that as a transition.