Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Introduction

Hello everyone.  I have been lurking here for a couple of days and decided to introduce myself.  I was at 10 weeks and 1 day this past Friday (March 25) when I found out I had suffered a missed miscarriage around 7 weeks and 2ish days.  Back at my 8 week ultrasound, the baby was measuring around 7 weeks and 1 day, but the technician and a nurse at my OB practice assured me that it was likely that I ovulated later than I thought and the growth would catch up.  The heartbeat was strong at 150 that day, and they said everything looked fine.  Over the next couple of weeks, I noticed that my symptoms started subsiding, but despite my worries, I convinced myself that I wasn't feeling as much nausea or boob soreness because I was getting closer to the end of the first trimester.  The only thing I really continued to have was extreme fatigue.  On Friday morning as I was getting ready for work, I noticed some light brown spotting when I wiped.  I went to the doctor, and after she couldn't find a heartbeat on a Doppler or on what she referred to as an "ancient" ultrasound machine in their office, she sent be to radiology for an internal ultrasound.  In her office she said that she may just have trouble finding it because of the old machine, or because of the dates being a little off, but I knew.  We went for the internal scan (thankfully my husband was able to meet me at that point), and we found out the baby had stopped growing around 7 weeks, 2 days (or so) and there was no heartbeat.  We went back to the doctor's office to talk options, and decided to go with a D&C that she was able to schedule that afternoon.  That was the hardest part I think...knowing it had happened weeks ago and my body had not recognized it for some reason.  The rest of the day was a blur, but the procedure went fine.  Lots of pain afterwards (only because I initially refused any narcotic pain meds, but quickly changed my mind after waking up from the anesthesia), but within a couple of hours I felt fine physically.  Some bleeding that night into the next day, and only spotting since then.  Emotionally, though, my husband and I are a mess.  We haven't been trying for long, but this was our first pregnancy and it's just so hard to believe.  We are looking forward to next month when we can start trying again, but still having trouble coming to terms with this loss.  I know time will help, though, and I look forward to participating in this board to get through it and to hopefully provide support to others going through a similar loss.
Me: 31 DH: 32
Married April 2014
TTC since December 2015
1st BFP: February 8, 2016; MMC at 7 weeks, 3 days; Discovered at 10 weeks; D&C March 25
2nd BFP: June 20, 2016; CP June 22, 2016
3rd BFP: August 13, 2016!!  Fingers crossed!!

Re: Introduction

• Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited March 2016
    I was in the same position as you...I was 9w2d when I found out of my missed miscarriage and the baby was only 7w4d and no heart beat. My symptoms never went away, I had ms right up to the D&C 3 days later- my hcg was right where it should be...I just had some brown spotting like you. I felt like my body betrayed me, like it was a cruel trick. That was 4 weeks ago and now that I'm pretty much healed physically, I feel like I am on the way to healing emotionally. Its just so hard that our first pregnancies had to go this way... hugs to you, we are here for you.
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Our baby measured 6w6 days at our appointment, not the 8w6 days I calculated but the doctor told us that our dates were probably off but there was no heartbeat. The ER confirmed our loss 2 days after our first appointment. I finally had a D&E on Friday. I too feel betrayed by my body- for the failed pregnancy, for not recognizing the loss for 3 weeks before I had the procedure. 

This is board is amazing and you will find a great deal of support here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My second miscarriage was a missed miscarriage for me as well. We found out 3 weeks ago. I should have been 8 weeks, 3 days, but found out the baby stopped growing at 6w4d. I had a d&c 2 weeks ago. I also felt betrayed by my body, especially since with my first pregnancy I had a natural miscarriage. It's heartbreaking regardless. Wishing you all the best!
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you will find yourself supported here, though.  I also had a missed m/c.  It all just frankly sucks.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Be good to yourself and patient with your grief 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. This is a good place to find support, as others have mentioned. Be kind to yourself. You've been through a lot.