July 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• jwittwerjwittwer member
    edited March 2016
    Another bitch for me-- our friends that were over yesterday found the envelope that has Baby B's gender and held it up to the light... now they know what we're having. Kind of unfair if you ask me since we're team green (and so are they, due in May) and they didn't give us the same opportunity (also posted this with my ticker change Sunday but felt it was worth sharing again because I'm still pissed about it)

ETA: spacing for the gif
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @Taymiller you poor thing! You really deserve to be well and healthy. I'm so sorry you're sick again!

• Loading the player...
  • jwittwer said:
    Another bitch for me-- our friends that were over yesterday found the envelope that has Baby B's gender and held it up to the light... now they know what we're having. Kind of unfair if you ask me since we're team green (and so are they, due in May) and they didn't give us the same opportunity (also posted this with my ticker change Sunday but felt it was worth sharing again because I'm still pissed about it)

ETA: spacing for the gif
    I cannot imagine leaving that type of thing where other's could get to it. People cannot be trusted, and if you didn't want to know, you should have just assumed that if it was left out, someone was going to hold it up to the light. People are dumb and cannot handle suspense. Its unfortunate that they know, and you guys don't, but in all honesty.....it should have been put somewhere hidden and not even mentioned that it even existed....

But why does it hurt??! 
  • @taymiller I hope you are better soon and that someone is well enough to take care of you
  • The pregnancy insomnia is the worsttttttt. I'm on the verge of a meltdown every day because I'm exhausted because I can't sleep. I work full time and adulting is just so hard. On top of that, I teach fitness classes and cover for people ALL THE TIME and I sent an email practically begging to teach for me tonight and of course, no one could. Ughhhhhh I just want to sleep. 
  • So even though I had zero energy and was in a piss poor mood most of today I got a great deal on a ton of baby clothes tonight and my husband was finally really able to feel and even see little girl move tonight as much as I hate the insomnia, pain and hormones tonight is one of the nights I know it is so worth it as i sit in the bath with my chocolate wishing my headache away :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• joleri23 said:
    I really don't want to write a thank you note to the bitch who crashed my East coast baby shower. I at least had the courage to say to her, "I'm surprised to see YOU here."
    This sounds like there's a juicy story here....
    Seriously! Give us the drama, momma!
  • I started filling out FMLA paperwork at work and I looked up how many hours of leave I had accrued. I was surprised to see I had about 9 1/2 weeks of paid leave and told my husband about it. First thing he said was "9 1/2 weeks?! Why do you need that long? You should only be out about 2 weeks. Why would you need to be out longer than that?"....Seriously? I didn't say I was taking 9 1/2 weeks but I would think I'm entitled to decide if I want to take at least 4, if not the standard 6 weeks. Apparently he thinks being out of work 2 weeks would be long enough and longer than that will put me behind...please.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started filling out FMLA paperwork at work and I looked up how many hours of leave I had accrued. I was surprised to see I had about 9 1/2 weeks of paid leave and told my husband about it. First thing he said was "9 1/2 weeks?! Why do you need that long? You should only be out about 2 weeks. Why would you need to be out longer than that?"....Seriously? I didn't say I was taking 9 1/2 weeks but I would think I'm entitled to decide if I want to take at least 4, if not the standard 6 weeks. Apparently he thinks being out of work 2 weeks would be long enough and longer than that will put me behind...please.

Oh boy is he in for a rude awakening when the baby comes! Reminds me of my dh who, upon learning (last week!) that babies eat every 2-3 hours, was absolutely shocked. This is going to be interesting...

In other news, that's awesome!!  I'd take it all!
  • @MollyH1987 I would take all of it, or at least most of it. That is amazing that you have so much time off accrued! Your husband is going to be shocked after the first two weeks and you are still sitting around in a diaper and shirtless. 
  • I just spent 30 minutes standing in the cold with my coworker, trying to convince our other coworker that he was in no condition to drive home after he took a xanax and was nearly comatose/ speaking in complete jibberish for the last hour of our shift. He had come out of it some by the end of it but still wasn't all there when I moved out of the way of his car for a second and he just left. My other coworker managed to follow him home and he got there fine but she called me afterwards and said it was clear to her following behind him that he should not have been driving. He and his girlfriend just split up and I guess he's going off the rails a bit. I work with him tomorrow and I'm torn between gently probing to see if he's doing alright (which he clearly isn't but would likely brush off) or yelling at him for pulling that kind of shit (at work no less!!) and then taking off when we were trying to help. Either way, I was jittery and near tears the whole way home and now that I know he's safe I'm just pissed. 
  • @AAAG13 I hear you. Our move had to do with a crazy property manager too (and our dogs actually). I think being pregnant and like you said, wanting everything to be perfect for baby, makes it that much harder to pick up and go. 
  • I love days that start with a miraculous return of the morning sickness. Throwing up on the subway is not my favourite. 
  • joleri23 said:
    I really don't want to write a thank you note to the bitch who crashed my East coast baby shower. I at least had the courage to say to her, "I'm surprised to see YOU here."
    This sounds like there's a juicy story here....
    Seriously! Give us the drama, momma!
    Sadly, there isn't a very juicy story here. The woman who showed up is just someone I know peripherally from my hometown (she's the sister-in-law of our family friend). As soon as she learned I was pregnant she Facebook friended me. I didn't think much of it, til my mom said, "Watch what you say to her, she's really toxic." Anyway, fast-forward to the day of my shower when my mom warned me that she'd be attending because she "bullied" our family friend into finding out when my shower was. It's just weird. She's not worth my time. It was fun being frosty to her.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @joleri23 did she bring a decent gift?
  • @PugsandKisses I guess so. Clothes, clothes and more clothes, and a stuffed animal. Nothing useful! I'm all about useful.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations