Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Testing

---TW DD mentioned--

So I got AF today, 1st one since d&c last month. Also this morning my Dr called with results from testing of my angel. He said it was nothing chromosomal and most liking a defect in development. He also said they had baby's gender if I wanted to know. I hesitated. Did I want to know? Would it help me move on? Could I handle that info? How would it effect me in the future if I become pregnant again? Within those 5 seconds I thought a million thoughts. I finally replied yes, I want to know. She was a girl. I would of had another daughter. I am sad but I feel like now I can fully move on. I can name her and put her to rest in my mind. I can cry for her and not it, I feel like I can grieve properly now...I can finally have closure how I need it. It doesn't make this situation any easier but it makes my heart a little lighter knowing. I also told my husband I find it quite ironic that of all days the Dr calls the day I start AF.

Thanks for listening ladies.  

Re: Testing

• Options
    Big hugs... 

I'm so happy your first AF arrived - I'm sure that feels good (but bad at the same time). I had a D&C on 3/10 and am impatiently waiting for my first AF.

I'm still waiting for results of our testing, but we already decided not to find out the gender, I just couldn't do it. Its nice to know I could call anytime and find out though. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have always wondered the sex of my 4 angels.  I'm glad that info brought you some closure. ((Hugs))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs. I wonder about my baby too- we didn't do any testing because it was my first MC but I do wonder what happened and if it was a boy or a girl. But I am unsure if I knew any of these things if it would make me feel better. I am glad AF came, I'm still waiting...hoping for my own closure soon. 
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your little girl. I wish I had opted for the testing but at the time, I was too distraught. That whole hindsight is 20/20. I'm glad the results brought you some peace and that AF arrived. It's a step in the right direction. Hugs to you...
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!