Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check-in Week of 3/21

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to be:

@kaitielynnrichardson EDD 6/15/16 with 1 little boy!
@Msbender129 EDD 6/15/2016 with 1 bean Team Green!
@HBamama2B EDD 6/17/16 with one boy!
@mechelita44 EDD 7/20/16 with 1bean!
@terramae80 EDD 8/4/16 with 1 boy!

@riveridgional EDD 8/6/16 with 1 boy!

@katie121209 EDD 8/19/16 with 1 bean

@Vagarcia16 EDD 8/23/16 with 1 girl!

@emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with 2 beans!

@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!

Congrats to the mommies who have graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: If you could time travel, would you go to the past or the future?
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: 2nd Tri Check-in Week of 3/21

• Good morning ladies! I am nearing 21 weeks and my little one is moving and kicking like crazy. While in bed reading I've had a few braxton hicks moments. SO crazy! 

I did a 5K walk this weekend for the Heart Association then spent the rest of the weekend lounging and hanging with my 2yr old son and hubby, visiting the Easter Bunny. I did not want to come in to work today. My sleep schedule is all jacked up, I'm not tired when I go to bed, then I wake up and 2:30-3am and can't fall back to sleep then by the time my alarm goes off I'm sleeping so well I hit snooze a thousand times then I'm late for work. GAH! 

QOTW: If I could time travel I would definitely go back in time. The future terrifies me and I think I am better off not knowing what will happen. I would love to spend some time in the 60's and 70's. Such a carefree time and it just seems like life was better then. Better in a way that people were outside doing things, there weren't computers, cell phones and people talked to each other and people didn't have so many damn opinions and just lived their lives and loved it. I swear I was born in the wrong era. My heart and soul is in the 70's for sure. Now it's got me thinking of the presidential campaign in the US, what a joke! 

And I'll stop there before I write a novel with my hormonal rants. LOL 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• I had my anatomy scan on Friday, and fortunately all measurements came back normal. I threw a little gender reveal party with my close friends and family yesterday, and we found out it's a boy! We're very excited, especially DH, who was convinced we were having a girl. It was a very fun way to find out, and I had so much fun crafting and baking for the party! 

@TerraMae80 I feel you! I call myself a bitter old person all the time because of my thoughts on how technology has had such a negative effect on personal interactions. I was looking at strollers the other day, and they actually have one that comes with a fake, attached cellphone and a specific spot on the stroller right in front of the baby for the phone's storage. The eye roll it generated from me was epic! I'm kinda hoping there will be a trend away from a lot of screen time since it seems that almost everyone I talk to my age has these thoughts, but that's probably just a dream.

QOTW: This one's hard for me. I think I'd want to travel to the future just to see what my future grandchildren and great grandchildren are like and to see where technology and society is. I'm still waiting for those flying cars!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats @riveridgional!!!!!!!!!!!! That picture is amazing!!!!!!!!!
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• 17 weeks with two little beans, at least one of whom is a boy.  My Harmony came back very low risk and detected Y chromosomes.  I'm excited and my hubby is thrilled we're adding at least one boy to our family.  :)  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with a boy, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  We're just waiting for our Level II ultrasound to find out the sex of the other baby.  In the meantime, I failed my glucose labs, so I'm now checking my blood sugar four times per day and waiting to start insulin (I started insulin before 20 weeks with my singleton, so I'm guessing two will be worse).  I'm feeling the babies multiple times per day now which is really cool.  They are sitting beside each other (or were at the last ultrasound), so I feel kicks on either side of my abdomen.  It makes me feel like I can feel each one separately.  Not sure if it's really that cut and dried, but it makes me happy. :)  

QOTW: I'd go back to the past, but I'd want to take my daughter (and these two babies too if I could) to meet my mom.  She would have ADORED them.  She passed away from cancer when I was pregnant with my daughter.  She wanted so badly to meet her but she just couldn't hold on.  I'd love for her to get the chance to cuddle my girl  :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @riveridgional Congratulations!!! What a cute gender reveal picture!!!

@emsmama15
    Congratulations to you too!!! Can't wait to hear what gender your other little bean is :smile: Your QOTW is heartwarming, I'm sure she would have adored them too... I bet she does :smile: 

23 weeks this week! Baby is kicking up a storm, he/she is even waking me up in the middle of the night! I love every single movement, I was event able to record some outside kicks this weekend, it's just so stinking cute! I have my glucose challenge test on Monday at my 24 week appt. And DH and I are still working on the nursery. We ordered a crib this past weekend and purchased some artwork. This upcoming weekend its dresser shopping time and hopefully finalizing our babymoon to San Francisco.

QOTW: If I could time travel, I definitely would go back in time. @TerraMae80 Like you, the future terrifies me and I too would love to live in a simpler time --- a time without countless means of technology, where people didn't communicate exclusively via text or social media, and instead called or even visited each other face to face. I would also love to time travel back to 1991 at my current age (31) and see Pearl Jam live right when they were starting out. They're my absolute favorite band and I've seen them a bunch of times but I wish I wasn't 7 when Eddie Vedder was climbing the lighting equipment and stage diving at every show! 
  • Almost 19 weeks and I'm starting to feel huge! Last night during dinner I got the oddest sensation in my belly, four times in a row. I don't know if it was feeling flutters or something else, but had never had this feeling before.

We closed on our house today, officially first time homeowners! I've been worrying about whether it would go through, so hopefully I can relax more. At least I have an excuse to avoid heavy lifting! 

QOTW: probably the future also. I love sci fi :)
  • @katie121209 Congrats, homeowner! What exciting news!! My "flutters" feel like muscle twitches or spasms, but I hear they feel different for everyone!  I bet that's what you're feeling!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @mechelita44 OMG yes, Pearl Jam and Nirvana, and The Offspring, and all of the amazing grunge bands in the 90's. I was in middle school in the early 90's so I wasn't able to experience as much as I would love to now. Ah yes, the flannels and ripped jeans and the long shaggy hair. Man, I miss that! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• PiperellaPiperella member
    edited March 2016
    @mechelita44 and @terramae80 - You ladies are speaking about my music!!!  I went to the tibetan freedom festival in dc back in the mid 90s and it was AMAZING... so many bands there, and YES.. Pearl Jam.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.  I'm going to see Dave Matthews Band this summer and can't wait!!!! 

ETA:  Sorry I lurked and then posted!  I will see you ladies here in two weeks!
  • HAHAH @Piperella I'm so jealous about DM! And Yes, my 90's grunge on Pandora is always streaming! 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 and @Piperella  Yessss! Love that we share an interest in 90s Seattle grunge! You ladies need to download the Rockabye Baby Lullaby Renditions of all these bands for your babies! I have the PJ and Chili Peppers versions, amazing!
  • In line with our earlier conversation, why!?

Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional   I know it, and they make baby smartphones too. What ever happened to playing with blocks ?! 
  • TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited March 2016
    So.................... about the tech stuff.  We wanted (I wanted) to watch The Mockingjay part 2 last night and my son was going ape shit. LOL Like crazy hyper in bed with us. My hubby gave him his ipad and was playing the Mother Goose Playhouse channel on YouTube and He just laid there and sang the songs and chilled. I was happy and I felt guilty.  :|
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @TerraMae80 :smile:  I am sure that same scenario has happened / or will happen to all of us! Everything in moderation, right :wink: