January 2016 Moms
Options

Mrs Patels bars

KimberlyainKimberlyain member
edited March 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Ok ladies I EP and typically get about 3.5 oz per pump but my LO drinks 4 OZ. I have no surplus supply and feel like I can't keep up. I have gone back to work and part of my job includes travel so a freezer supply would be nice. I have tried power pumping on the weekends,drink water and mothers milk teas, take fenugreek and eat enough oatmeal with Brewers yeast to keep Quaker Oats in business. I just heard of Mrs Patels bars and have read some really positive reviews but I always am leery of reviews since they could be sponsored. Has any one on here tried or heard of these bars,and if so did you notice an increase?

Re: Mrs Patels bars

• Options
    When my supply dipped a few weeks ago I found drinking coconut water really helped (and I mean a lot of coconut water). I haven't tried these bars, but they seem to rely on similar ingredients to what you're already consuming. Can you power pump more than just the weekend? Does LO nurse or do you exclusively pump? I notice a good jump in supply when I have LO nurse and then I pump to empty both breasts.
    I sympathize with the oatmeal. The industrial can I go through weekly (sometimes less) says it has 30 servings in it.
  • Options
    @jrouge12 I have tried coconut water before but only just one bottle a day. How much have you found works best? I EP since my LO had a horrible latch with her tongue tie. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I try and stock up when our grocery store has coconut water on sale. I like to drink one of the big cartons a day along with plenty of water, too. I also like to buy the little cartons of coconut water to keep in the diaper bag so I always have something to drink with electrolytes when we are out and about. I also take 3 fenugreek and 1 flaxseed oil 3x a day and eat a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with almond milk and a tbsp of coconut oil for breakfast. I was drinking mothers milk tea, but it gave me heartburn so I stopped. I'm constantly fighting low supply and let LO nurse constantly when he wants to. I can usually provide a full belly for him in the morning and also pump 2-3 oz combined. But our afternoons are not so productive and I end up nursing, pumping and giving him what I pump (usually 1-2 oz total) and still supplementing with formula because he doesn't get anything while nursing. It's tough! If you do try these, please follow up! I'd like to know if they help!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    I'd also be interested to know if they work.  I haven't tried coconut water either, I might have to give that a try.  Right now, I'm using a supplement my LC recommended and I think I'm starting to see some improvement, but it's hard to tell if it's from that or the nearly three hours a day I spend pumping
  • Options
    @nackie What supplement have you been using? 
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    It's by Gaia, I think it's called Lactation Support. 
  • Options
    Ok I just bought a box and at $2 a bar they better work or be really yummy!
  • Options
    Ok I just bought a box and at $2 a bar they better work or be really yummy! I will keep you posted
  • Options
    I went through 3 boxes of Mrs patels starting when DS was maybe a month old and finished them a couple of weeks ago. I had to supplement a bottle of formula everyday before eating the bars, which is why I decided to try them out. Over the course of a month I went from needing to supplement once a day, to making just enough, to having a surplus. Now I'm trying to cut down on my supply because I'm done making a freezer stash and don't want to leak all the time. So yes, they definitely worked for me! Just not overnight, it was a process still.
  • Options
    @UptownPearl were you using anything in addition to the bars? 
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    @UptownPearl were you using anything in addition to the bars? 
    As far as supplements no. I did try to eat some form of oats regularly and always carried water around with me. I tried lactation recipes and power pumping before the bars, but they didn't seem to make much difference for me. I would say it took about two weeks of eating the bars to see a big difference, and then by the time I finished the boxes my supply had grown to more than enough
  • Options
    @UptownPearl That sounds great! I ordered a box of bars and some tea to try because I don't feel like what I'm doing right now is giving me great results. I'll try everything I can!
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    @UptownPearl thanks so much!! I threw another box on my order since you said it takes a few weeks to notice a change. 
  • Options
    No problem! I hope they work for y'all as well as they did for me! 
  • Options
    @Kimberlyain  When trying to boost supply I'll drink about a liter a day of coconut water. I bet if you paired the water and bars with power pumping you'll see good results. Best of luck!
  • Options
    Where do you order Mrs Patel's from? Curious if the ones that have ordered them ... have they worked.