November 2015 Moms
Options

Well hello again, 3am

What is up with this postpartum insomnia? It is seriously annoying. I'm lucky enough to have a baby that sleeps through the night, but like clockwork, I wake up every morning around 3am and cannot fall back asleep on my own (doc gave me Xanax which works). Is anyone else going through this or have experience? Is my internal clock just screwed up? Please tell me it gets better! Its so frustrating. 

Re: Well hello again, 3am

• Options
    I'm definitely experiencing it. Baby wakes up at 2 or 3, I go pump while DH feeds baby and outs back to sleep in the Pack N Play and I come in and surf the web until 5 or so (next wake up for baby). Sucks.
  • Options
    I've been struggling to go to bed recently, asleep at about midnight or 1 am then wake up for a feed between 2:30-3:30 am then I'm wide awake at 5, 6 am. its exhausting. I barely can nap during the day then I'm overtired and can't sleep for the night again. It's a mad cycle, mad I tell you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you ladies are good they this too! It really sucks. I can't seem to get back on schedule. My mind refuses to sleep. Guess I just have to accept it for now!
  • Options
    Me too! I like the quiet alone time aspect of it at least! Lol
  • Options
    Yea agree! Alone time is a treasure these days, for sure!
  • Options
    Hoping it works out for you ladies! Maybe try to meditate when you are ready to go back to bed. It may help quiet your mind and relax you!