1st Trimester
Options

6 week ultrasound only yolk sac and gestational sac....

hey everyone! I went for an ultrasound yesterday at 6 weeks and all the tech saw was the yolk sac and a small flickering that she thought could have been baby. My question is, is this normal? They scheduled me for 4-6-16 for another ultrasound. The tech said at my stage I could have been only 1 day away from hearing a HB from baby. 

My worry is only because I miscarried in May of 2015

Re: 6 week ultrasound only yolk sac and gestational sac....

• Options
    are you sure of your ovulation date? you may be earlier than you think. 
  • Options
    I might be off, I had a weird late period in February. I use an app tracker, but I could be off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    only sure way is temping. even opknare off. I wouldn't worry too much. fx
    for your next one! I have an ultrasound that day too! 
  • Options
     Well I hope we both have awesome ultrasounds that day I'm feeling positive just slightly concerned but I most likely ovulated a little late and I might only be five weeks instead of six and that's why we didn't see anything is what I'm thinking 
  • Options
    Good luck. Even 24 hours can make a large difference when it comes to the heart starting to beat.
  • Options
    I understand being PGAL (pregnant after loss) is very nerve wrecking. 6 weeks is still early to see a baby. Some women get lucky and do and others don't. It doesn't mean there isn't one visible the next day. Same goes for the rate of heartbeat. It starts slow than picks up quickly. They scheduled you during week 7 to confirm the viability with more accuracy. At this past u/s you were able to establish the pregnancy is not ectopic. 

Fx for a happy&healthy 9 for you.