March 2016 Moms
Options

Constant Dischard

i am actually a second time mom and don't remember this at all. Every time I wipe after using the bathroom, I find clear discharge with pink streaks in it. I have been having contractions since about 3 am and have taken a shower and bath but they still persist. They are not consistent though (maybe 10 mins). I am trying to decide whether to call the doc this morning or not. Does this sounds familiar to anyone? With my daughter I just knew. Just haven't ever seen this much discharge. There is also some diarrhea too (TMI I know)

Re: Constant Dischard

• Options
    Sounds like your bloody show :)

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hope your bag is packed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happened to me. Taking a shower didn't stop them.  I called when my contractions were 7 min apart. Since my water didn't break, the dr told me to go to the hospital when they were 5 min apart. 

Good luck! 

• Options
    Go in when they're 5 minutes apart
  • Options
    clairemwalkerclairemwalker member
    edited March 2016
    This happened to me when i was in labour, although my waters had broken a few hours previously so i knew it was the real deal. Eveeytime i would wipe there would be blood streaked discharge. Hopefully this is it for you!
  • Options
    Word of warning: my contractions never got much closer than 11 minutes apart and when I sheepishly got to the hospital I was 7cm going on 8. So the 5 minutes rule doesn't apply to everyone, especially not second time moms.
  • Options
    My dr actually told me to go around 8 mins since I am a second time mom. But as a safe bet, just call your dr and see if she wants to see you or have you get checked in the hospital. My OB told me little bit of blood is ok as long as there isnt a lot. Discharge is totally normal towards the end. I didnt have as much discharge with DD comparing to this LO but OB wasnt worried. 
  • Options
    I experienced early labor from 4am Saturday till 2:30am Sunday when my water broke and it was exactly what you described - inconsistent contractions but not going away, bloody show. So could be any time now!! You'll know when active labor starts compared to the early labor!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Lol congrats ☺️

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016