June 2016 Moms
Options

Ugh - I'm sorry, but I just have to at this point... which do you like more?

berky84berky84 member
edited March 2016 in June 2016 Moms
First off, I'm sorry. I was really planning on avoiding doing this but I've reached a point I really just want your opinion. It's concerning a baby name... (commence moans for ANOTHER baby name thread/poll)... I would post to the baby name board but I've never contributed there ever and it's just feels weird to now. So... which do you like more?

Ugh - I'm sorry, but I just have to at this point... which do you like more? 180 votes

Lincoln
40% 73 votes
Henry
53% 96 votes
Name your own damn kid
6% 11 votes

Re: Ugh - I'm sorry, but I just have to at this point... which do you like more?

• Options
    Either are nice names. My husband is named Henry, so I voted for that :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're using Henry so I voted that
  • Options
    Love Lincoln... do it :)
  • Options
    Henry was one of my top picks! Love it!
  • Options
    Agree with everything stated above.  I really like both names.  I voted Henry, but Lincoln is super cute too, and likely less popular.  Is the middle name chosen?

Also, I don't mind a poll from you either :smile: 

Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    NicknShan said:
    Agree with everything stated above.  I really like both names.  I voted Henry, but Lincoln is super cute too, and likely less popular.  Is the middle name chosen?

Also, I don't mind a poll from you either :smile: 

And yes - Allyn will be the middle name. It's both my FIL and H's middle name so it was important to H to have Allyn be our sons middle name too....

We both love both names. I'm leaning more towards Lincoln and H is leaning more towards Henry and neither of us foresees that changing, so one of us has to give a little.  
  • Options
    I really like both, but like Henry a little more.

This is weird but have you thought about what #2 would be named? If so- if it's something classic go with Henry, if it's something a little more different go with Lincoln :)

Im a little OCD when it comes to matching haha
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    My cousin is due in weeks with a Lincoln, soo..but I also have a friend with a 3 year old named Henry who is absolutely adorable. I like them both..just make sure his initials don't spell a bad word lol ;) 
  • Options
    With MN Allyn, Henry seems to "flow" a bit better. Plus, that's on our short list, too, but I LOVE both names!!
  • Options
    I don't think you can go wrong with either name. I just personally prefer Henry of the two :)

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    I love Henry, if I have another boy someday, that'll be his name
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm love both names but I think Henry Allyn sounds super cute!!
  • Options
    I've got a 2 year old named Henry, so I am biased. Both are good names but I have loved the name Henry for a long time. I had my son's name picked out years before he was conceived. Yes, I am a crazy person.
  • Options
    Ugh this is such a hard choice!! I love them both! Awesome job on name choices :) Also I agree that I love the name posts from people who post here regularly, just not the drive-bys!
  • Options
    MrsB8214 said:
    Ugh this is such a hard choice!! I love them both! Awesome job on name choices :)Also I agree that I love the name posts from people who post here regularly, just not the drive-bys!

**QBF- but totally agree :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I love Lincoln and like that it would be less popular then Henry. 
  • Options
    Cwg22Cwg22 member
    I like them both! I see more people I know using Henry so I'm inclined to think it's getting more popular but haven't seen any Lincolns. I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Options
    I vote Henry! I know 5 people in the last year that have named their son Lincoln. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your input! I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    m8881m8881 member
    Henry is getting super popular! My Henry is almost 5 yrs old. I think both are good but I am biased. 
  • Options
    I love the name Henry... it's the name of our pit bull.

I was going to use it for our second child but it was vetoed.
  • Options
    I love both. If you didn't have a middle name yet I'd say Henry Lincoln. But if I have to pick just one its Lincoln. 

(PS for any super nerds - I know you're spelling it Allyn, but Henry Allen is the name of the father of Barry Allen (The Flash) in the DC Comics. Just some random FYI trivia). 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! We decided on Henry. :) I still love Lincoln but in the end Henry JUST edged out Lincoln.