September 2015 Moms

Need crib recommendations

I'm a little late to be getting a crib, but we just moved and our baby finally has his own room. We had a crib that we got from our registry and finally opened the box, but we returned it because it smelled so badly! We aired it out for a week and it still smelled. So we're on the hunt for a new crib that is non-toxic and Eco-friendly, but not thousands of dollars. We just want a simple, modern looking, white crib that is safe for our little guy. Does anyone love their crib? Any recommendations on brands? Thanks in advance!

Re: Need crib recommendations

• We got the Babyletto Hudson crib and we love it.  Has a modern, simple, clean look to it.  Comes in a variety of colors too, including white.  Our son's room is very neutral colored...lots of grays and white.
  • I also have the Hudson and I love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Davinci cribs are in the $200 to $400 range and are greenguard certified.
  • Ikea sniglar crib comes in unfinished solid beechwood. 

We wanted a non toxic crib for our daughter as well. We ended up with a set from green cradle but it was too much money part of me wishes we would have given the sniglar a try. 

You could paint it white yourself with zero VOC paint. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Thank you ladies! I love the Hudson crib too, but we wanted to spend a little less and splurge on the mattress. It's so beautiful though. Le sigh... I keep looking at pictures of it. @yellow1daisy The sniglar was also a top contender, but my husband doesn't want to finish it. We looked at the gulliver from ikea as well, but it has some fiberboard (and it's out of stock). @szarlotka I'll look into davinci. Thanks for the suggestion! Finding THE crib has been the hardest decision of 2016 so far. #newmomproblems 
  • I'm not sure if it is eco-friendly enough, but we just bought the Delta Layla crib. It is solid wood and less than $200. I got it on wayfair.com, but it is also on Amazon. There was no smell when I opened it up.