1st Trimester
Options

Pregnant?!?!

I have PCOS  and  I am on birth control to regulate my cycle. Two weeks ago I missed a pill took it asap but I am a week late. Normally I would not be concerned with pregnancy but I am feeling very nauseous, dizzy, light headed. I also have cramps and tender breast, like if my period was coming but nothing. I did take a test and  it was negative, I'm going to give it another week but I guess I am  looking for advise or if this is normal. If this has happened to anyone else and how it turned out.  

Re: Pregnant?!?!

• Options
    If you are truly a week late then the test would have been positive by now. Sorry
  • Options
    Sorry this is not the place to ask this question. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant or not. It is also very easy to read into symptoms when you want to concieve. Just trust the test 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Negative HPT = not pregnant at this time. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Negative test = not pregnant. No symptoms or mystic wizard could tell you otherwise at this point. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    Thanks...Not TTC at this time. I think I was just letting it stress me out.
  • Options
    Your periods can get progressively lighter and even disappear on the pill. The symptoms are likely either period symptoms or psychosomatic.
  • Options
    Not pregnant. The test already told you that. Why would we know any different? We are not wizards...
    Also... it is against TOU to ask the community if you are pregnant. There's a reason that rule exists. We don't know any more than you do.
  • Options
    Please be easy on her, I honestly do not think the lady meant to offend anyone. Let's all try to be understanding everyone makes a mistake here and there. I hope now I'm not going to be slated :-)

Good luck whatever the outcome .
  • Options
    BlueGal1 said:
    Please be easy on her, I honestly do not think the lady meant to offend anyone. Let's all try to be understanding everyone makes a mistake here and there. I hope now I'm not going to be slated :-)

Good luck whatever the outcome .
    Some people just need to be told how silly they are being. Like how ridiculous is this question? I'm surprised this thread is even still open considering how bad it violates TOU.
  • Options
    If you took a test and the result was negative, I'm not sure why you're asking if you're pregnant.....
  • Options
    I was on seasonique for 4+ years before we started TTC.  It is designed to be continually used for 3 months instead of having a week of sugar pills for a withdrawal bleed every month and is known for thinning our your endometrium over time (I have endometriosis which is why this particular pill was picked).  I went for 9 months having nothing more than 30 minutes of spotting scattered over my 3 sugar pill weeks.  I bought a pregnancy test each time and when it came back negative I trusted it and went on my way (this was both the doctor and manufacturer recommendation).  Long term use of any birth control pill has been known to cause strong thinning of the endometrium leading to very light or non-existent periods.  Trust the test, negative means not pregnant. 
  • Options
    Negative test = Not pregnant at this time
  • Options
    Uh, my first test came back negative...A week later I retook and it came back positive, three times....Wait another week and retake the test. Plus the OTC tests are not 100% positive. Even if the test comes back negative again you may want to go in for just a regular check-up with your doctor to make sure everything is okay.
  • Options
    JavAnn said:
    Uh, my first test came back negative...A week later I retook and it came back positive, three times....Wait another week and retake the test. Plus the OTC tests are not 100% positive. Even if the test comes back negative again you may want to go in for just a regular check-up with your doctor to make sure everything is okay.
    Your first test came back negative because you weren't pregnant yet. FWIW I started testing at 7 DPO. 7-9 DPO: negative. 10 DPO: faint positive. The tests weren't wrong, it's just that my baby probably hadn't even finished implanting that early. And it's true that tests aren't 100% but they are very, very close. 
  • Options
    Again... why is this thread still open? It's a clear violation of TOU @bumpadmin
  • Options
    JavAnn said:
    1) OTC tests are the same your Dr uses.
    2) they are 97% accurate on the day of the missed period. 
    3)why in the Hell would some one run to the Dr because they did not have withdrawal bleeding when they messed up their birth control pills. Plus, many women do not have any withdrawal bleeding whole on hormonal birth control. Her 'symptoms ' can easily be attributed to her meds.