October 2015 Moms
Options

Bottle fighting?

So lately LO has been fighting the bottle. She has been exclusively bottle fed since 4 weeks old. I dont know whats going on. 
We have been using dr browns from day 1. I use a formula with added rice starch so i know its thicker and have been using level 3 fast flow nipples. She just screams during feedings now. 
Is this happening to snyone else? 

Re: Bottle fighting?

• Options
    My LO is 2 months adjusted, she has reflux and is on zantac. Lately she's been refusing her bottle. Her doctor increased the dosage of zantac but that didn't help. We had been fortifying my breastmilk with formula, we tried 3 different formulas... that didn't help. Changed bottles, nipples, feeding positions and let her go longer between feedings... no luck.
    We finally decided to try giving her breastmilk separately.... it's working so far. This may not apply to you but I thought I'd share anyway. 
    Your LO could be getting sick, have reflux, not like the formula anymore, have an allergy, the nipples could be too fast or not fast enough or she may not be hungry.
    Is she showing hunger queues or is she on a feeding schedule?
    Have you changed anything or introduced anything new into her diet?
     I would try feeding her only when she shows hunger queues. 
    I would call her pedi if it continues. 
    Hope she does better soon, sending you positivity.
    31 yrs. /DH 38 yrs.
    SI TTC 7 months 
    DD born 10/2015 @ 27 wks. 4 days > severe pre-e (TTC 1yr.)
    Hystero./Laproscopy/Ovarian Drilling/ D&C/ HSG (2/2015)
    Present:
    DX: Moderate Endo./ PCOS/ Diminished Ovarian Reserve(1.2 amh)/ Low Morphology (0%)
    HSG (3/2017)- All Clear
    RX: Follistim (75iu)/ Trigger/ IUI/ Progesterone
    Starting 1st IUI cycle Friday 4/28

• Options
    Thanks!!  this morning has been better. I think I need to use the thicker formula but make it ahead of time so its dissolved a little bit better. Looks like it's time to start using my formula picture again. But the funny thing is is daycare says that she does fine. Looks like we'll just keep Truckin along
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby decided she hated bottles one day and drinks from a sippy cup now. She started at 4 months. And she eats solids. My ped said it was fine for her. She gets excited when she sees her cup.
  • Options
    I actually just saw the transitional sippy cups and was debating trying that. She loves to sit up to eat but has a hard time with the bottle. We are doing some solids and shes doing really well with them. 
  • Options
    My peds  said that the reason she is fighting the bottle is because she's ready for puréed foods. My baby is 5 1/2 months almost 6 months.  She  Will they truly fight the bottle and gag the milk. 
    im going to try more puréed foods and see how it goes. Maybe she's graduating!