Pregnant after IF
Options

Freaking out - bleeding

oh boy, you would think we deserve a break!
But nope.
Started bleeding this morning, decided to join my mum to my sisters to help with bday party, but ended laying in my sisters bed.
She called her previous midwife who would call back..me waiting and waiting..decided to call back...turns out they didn't had our phone number :(
In 3 hours they can see me. I'm slowly loosing my mind. Cramping is almost completely done, and as long as I lay down I don't bleed! 
Please please please be still there!
Anyonr has some happy ending stories to share or some words for encouragement?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Freaking out - bleeding

• Options
    riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited March 2016
    It could be a subchorianic hemorrhage (SCH). I don't have any experience with this, but several women on my BMB have had them and been okay. @Piperella also had a similar experience, but unfortunately lost a twin.

Is it heavy bleeding? More like spotting? Any clots? Was you cramping bad and really accompanied the bleeding or was it just similar to your other early pg cramps?

Just take some deep breaths. I hope you get answers very soon! So sorry you are experiencing this! I'll be thinking of you. 

ETA: 
    I also wanted to tell you that I had spotting for almost a month straight (would usually get a 2 or 3 day break with no bleeding) with some very small clots and baby is still doing well. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Oh no @tvh1982! I hope everything is okay in your uterus!!! I'll be checking for an update, so please post one! I want to know you're okay!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a sch. My pocket of blood in my uterus is growing, so they told me to expect more blood later. I was later told spotting and bleeding is common with ivf.

Since my first episode, I have seen the baby three times and even got to hear the heartbeat last time. 

The best thing you can do is relax, keep your feet elevated, drink LOTS of water, and stay in bed if possible. 

I will be waiting to hear how it goes! All of my hugs to you!!! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hope everything is OK. Thinking of you, and please keep us updated. ((hugs))

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• Options
    @tvh1982  I really hope everything is okay! Hopefully once they see you they can explain what's going on. I had brown spotting at 11-12 weeks for about a week and they told me it was 'nothing to worry about' and probably left over blood from the IVF that never passed. I still had an US to be sure and the baby was perfectly find. Others I've spoken to who have had this same thing were instructed to rest for a few days as well.

Best of luck to you, keep us posted!
  • Options
    Hi @tvh1982! I am so sorry to read about your scare! and I hope it is just that-a scare that's nothing to worry about.  I really hope everything is ok!! Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes. If it makes you feel any better, bleeding is a LOT more common than I thought it was. I drove myself crazy researching it after I was bleeding a bit right before my BFP. I realize you are a little later on but when I spoke with my nurse she said it's not always a bad thing. I will keep you in my prayers this afternoon. Sheesh, we have already been through hell and back just to get pregnant why can't it just be smooth sailing from here. Sending hugs!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I know it's terrible to see blood, but try to stay positive. Deep breaths. 
    I had 2 separate bleeding episodes my first trimester, both came with a lot of blood and both being a different sch. I was convinced I was losing the pregnancy. My doctor said it is more common with fertility patients. 
    My body absorbed or bled out both bleeds and we now have 2 healthy 3 month olds. So it is possible to have a happy ending. 
    Hang in there. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies, it helps to stay positive.
    My clinic wants to do BW now and in a few days, but those are not too easy to get done around here.
    Saw a OB and she took a us. She found my embaby, but no heartbeat. 
    Due to me only being 6 weeks (or maybe shorter) she wasn't concerned about not having a heartbeat as it still could be under development.
    Bleeding seems to have stopped so that should be a good sign.
    Cramping I still have, a little heavier then I've had previous the bleeding, but still not worse than menstrual..
    Monday I have a 'for-fun-us' scheduled (not vaginal) so hope we'll see a heartbeat. 
    Back in Norway on Tuesday and have BW scheduled. 
    Again thx for your quick replies, I'll try to keep positive!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    Stay positive and try to rest until then!! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecb3588ecb3588 member
    edited March 2016
    @tvh1982 I hate to hear of your struggles today! I had heavy bleeding that one day (I'm sure you remember when I posted about it on the january fet board) from a subchorionic hematoma. But everything was ok after that. The er doctor we saw that day said 4/5 times he sees 1st trimester bleeding, it turns out ok. FX that the next US shows the heart beat. You are still very very early to have had one today anyway. Hugs to you!
  • Options
    I remember @ecb3588, I actually looked back to see what you wrote as it gave me a little bit of peace in my mind.

• Options
    @tvh1982 i am so sorry to hear the struggles . I hope it is nothing serious and you see/hear that heartbeat so soon. Best of luck to you. Hugs !
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your scare @tvh1982....fx everything is okay!!!! This battle is never ending for us!!
  • Options
    Yes,  a pp was correct with happened to me.   Hopefully it's nothing too bad as I was told bleeding is common,  especially with those that go through I've and a fet.  Try to rest and relax.   Thinking about you,  @tvh1982.
  • Options
    I had a day off bleeding, but started again today. It's horrible that I can't see if all is well or not.
    Bloodwork on Tuesday when I'm back in Norway and I hope I can get another one done even though it's Easter.
    Thanx for all your replies!

• Options
    Ah I'm so sorry @tvh1982 . How scary ! Praying for you and your little one !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Thank you @mskeenan!

• Options
    Ah I am bleeding again too . :( I am so worried something went wrong . I called my doc to see if they can get me in and they are supposed to call me back . Why does this happen to us ?! Ugh 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you are bleeding @mskeenan. If it's of any help I saw my babies heartbeat yesterday, so don't give up hope!
    Hope you have gotten the callback by now and that you are in good hands.
    Ill keep my fingers crossed and send out an extra prayer xoxo

• Options
    So glad to hear everything is okay @tvh1982!! Hearing/seeing that heartbeat is so reassuring!!! Hopefully no more scares for you!
    @mskeenan I'm so sorry you are going through this now too! Please keep us posted! Fx all is well and everything is progressing appropriately in there!!
  • Options
    Thank you @suchaglencoco and @laur2444 . I feel better today . As of now I think I'm just gonna keep my appointment tomorrow . Going in today won't change my outcome . I'm trying to just keep telling myself that the doc isn't concerned so I should just relax . I hope my little one or ones are ok ! The good news is my cramping has mostly subsided and the bleeding is very minimal . Tmi warning : some of the blood coming out looked like it had crinone in it . I'm wondering if I'm irritated from the crinone . That stuff is yucky !! I think it absorbs then it just randomly comes out . Yuck yuck yuck . Hopefully this is all just yucky stuff and not bad news . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    mskeenan said:
    Thank you @suchaglencoco and @laur2444 . I feel better today . As of now I think I'm just gonna keep my appointment tomorrow . Going in today won't change my outcome . I'm trying to just keep telling myself that the doc isn't concerned so I should just relax . I hope my little one or ones are ok ! The good news is my cramping has mostly subsided and the bleeding is very minimal . Tmi warning : some of the blood coming out looked like it had crinone in it . I'm wondering if I'm irritated from the crinone . That stuff is yucky !! I think it absorbs then it just randomly comes out . Yuck yuck yuck . Hopefully this is all just yucky stuff and not bad news . 
    I have heard crinone can cause irritation and bleeding. It is one reason why my Dr tries pio first. He said it can cause spotting and scare you. 

My fx for you!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    True @twomommiestobe and @mskeenan, I use suppositories and my doctor said that could have caused the bleeding.

• Options
    @mskeenan I think bleeding is so so normal in all pregnancy, but super especially normal in IVF pregnancy. It seems like a subchorionic hemorrhage went from being something I had never heard of, to being something every other person has now. And yes, crinone can definitely irritate the cervix which is already so much more friable from pregnancy. I freaked out when it happened to me, too, but I hope just hearing how common it is puts you at ease a bit until you get reassurance tomorrow! :smile: 
  • Options
    @mskeenan I've been thinking about you and am glad to hear you're doing better today. Bleeding (whether it's just spotting or period like bleeding) is always scary! Everytime I would bleed, I would just tell myself that worrying won't change the outcome. It will be what it will be, and all I can do is take it easy and put my feet up. We still have no idea why I spotted with clots for almost a month, but it made me anxious the whole time.

And, crinone is so gross! I hated it so much, but it did help me get pregnant so I guess I still have to love it a little!

Also, as an aside to any others reading this, spotting after a bowel movement or sex is also completely normal. I'd still call my doctor to let her/him know it happened, but try not to worry if it happens to you.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Options

@ecb3588 I know! subchorionic hemorrhage seems to be so common! I had never even heard of it!  I wish that the doc had mentioned that possibility. I am concerned though because it seems as though people only report bleeding with that, not so much cramps.

@riveridgional Thank you! It's so crazy how many people report bleeding. Did you experience any cramping? Less than 24 hours until my appointment. Hopefully I will get some peace of mind then!

To make matters more complicated I now feel like I'm getting a UTI. It hurts when I pee. Yuck. Maybe it's because I'm drinking a TON of water and holding it at work. Not good. It's just so hard to get all the bathroom breaks I need. I wonder if my RE can check me for a UTI (its a simple urine test, right) when I go in tomorrow.

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @mskeenan It should be a simple urine test. I would definitely mention it to your doctor, and he/she should be able to test it pretty quickly. I didn't have any cramping, but I was also in my second trimester. With yours, the cramping may just be normal early pregnancy cramps that juse happens to be coinciding with your spotting. I had that pretty frequently up until maybe 7.5 weeks. I really hope they can reassure you tomorrow that everything is okay!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Options
    I have cramping @mskeenan. When I mentioned it last week when I went for my us she actually said it was a good thing. She said: that's a good sign, things are still working down there!
    So try not to worry about the cramping. Unless of course they are so painful it stops you in what you are doing. 

• Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @riveridgional !! That's definitely good to know ! 

@tvh1982 that's good to know as well !! Thank you . It's def just a dull cramp . Like the ones I get before a period . When's your next check ? 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    I had/have those too. My sisters OB told me that means everything is stretching which we want.
    Had BW yesterday and my doctor texted me last night with a quick 'great numbers' don't know what they are, due to Easter break he's on a holiday, but appreciate him checking my results!
    us will be on the 4th April. But as I've started my morning sickness all day long, I'm much more relaxed :smile: 

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Happy Easter everyone!

• Options
    Yaayyyy @tvh1982 I'm so glad you and the little one are doing well !! Happy Easter weekend !! 

As as for me , I'm actually waiting to get discharged from the ER at the moment . I had horrific cramps and my bleeding picked up and was heavier than a period practically . I was about to have a panic attack so I called my re . He said I should go to the ER if I didn't want to wait until the am . He was worried he might have missed my other embryo being ectopic . They did an US and saw a heartbeat in my uterus  ! And saw a SCH :/ which is bad but I'm glad I have an answer for why I'm bleeding. And no ectopic 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Oh wow, that's so scary when that happens to you @mskeenan. Even when we've read others been through the same, you are never prepared.
    Glad to hear you and your little snowflake are doing fine and that its 'just' a sch. 
    Keep doing well, take it easy this Easter!

• Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @tvh1982 ! It was horrifying . I'm home now and the bleeding just won't stop . Do you think laying down helped the bleeding stop for you? They didn't tell me to do bed rest or anything but I am nervous and don't really want to do anything this weekend . This is worse than a period . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    I did sat/lay down when I had mine,but in comparison to yours, my bleeding was 'nothing'.
    Maybe @ecb3588 can answer what she did.

• Options
    mskeenan said:
    Thank you @tvh1982 ! It was horrifying . I'm home now and the bleeding just won't stop . Do you think laying down helped the bleeding stop for you? They didn't tell me to do bed rest or anything but I am nervous and don't really want to do anything this weekend . This is worse than a period . 
    My bleeding was pretty heavy. The Dr said to lay down with my feet elevated to keep the pelvic muscles as relaxed as possible. It really helped and it stopped shortly after.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    After what happened to me I was put on "pelvic rest".   Not quite bed rest but still taking it very very gently.   So glad it was just a sch,  @mskeenan
  • Options
    @mskeenan I put myself on modified bed rest until the bleeding stopped completely. Kind of just like a lazy weekend. I only had heavy bleeding one day, but it would be worse when I stood up. Drink plenty of fluids. Pelvic rest for sure. Was the sch anywhere near the baby? Mine was not, it was near the cervix. The girl who does my hair had a sch and literally bled for like 3 weeks. And she had a healthy baby girl yesterday! 95% of the time the sch doesn't affect anything!
  • Options
    Aw man, now I've got some bleeding! I reduced my estrace to 2 pills from 3 and my PIO to 1cc from 1.5 yesterday. Anyone else have experience with bleeding after reducing meds?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!