November 2015 Moms
Options

Milk blister

anyone dealt with this? It feels like I've just begun nursing again :( any advice? I've read stuff online but I'd rather know what worked for you! Thanks!

Re: Milk blister

• Options
    I got them when nursing my first LO a few years ago. I know it's not advised but I would sterilize a sewing needle and pop the blister and made sure to keep it clean. Nothing else worked for me. If you do your research online you will find other remedies that might be safer. 
  • Options
    I popped mine. Immediate relief!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I popped mine as well. About 2 times. Popand nurse with that boob ;) keep clean. Mine went away
  • Options
    missphilmissphil member
    edited March 2016
    I've had clear milk blisters before, which I've popped with a needle and that was that. But now I have a white looking blister that is not raised. I tried to pop it, but nothing happened. Any idea what it could be?

edit: So apparently milk blisters are the white ones and the clear ones are called compression blisters. 
  • Options
    I just dealt with this myself. I read about it online and then tried a hot washcloth before nursing on that side and then letting baby drain that side every other feeding! Letting it air dry after showering and eventually tried to pop it. After doing these things all week it has softened and disappeared a bit...I'm now using lanolin to help it heal & it is no longer sore. Yay! Good luck...hope this helped!