July 2016 Moms

FFFC 3/25

Re: FFFC 3/25

• Loading the player...
  • @Natinat6 oooo I love the motherly snoot of that. 
  • @PhoebeJune1984

Also, that cord cutting story is literally my nightmare. DH and I did tell everyone that no one is in the room until 24 hours after our son is out of my body. 
  • Omg I have a fear of my belly button popping out.  Does it hurt?  Does it itch?  Will the kid kick it out?  I could be scared about real things like giving birth but no I'm afraid of my belly button popping.....
  • @oneliloaktree13  Mine too. I can totally see my mom or MIL doing this. I'm toying with not calling anyone until he's born since they live an hour + away and that would give us a couple hours of privacy first.
  • Nerdchild said:
    I have kind of a lame fffc, but I like the fact that my belly button pops during pregnancy lol! I feel like it looks cute and that there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant at all. It popped really early this time, around 22 weeks, so people have been asking about the pregnancy since then, which actually makes me feel good that others notice.
    My completely irrational body-part fear is belly buttons, so this is my nightmare. You know how some people feel about feet? For me it's belly buttons. I don't like touching mine (cleaning the damn things is torture), and don't like seeing other people's get touched, and pierced ones REALLY freak me out. 
    Wait is cleaning them out is a thing? Now I'm curious as to if anything will come out when mine pops... Do you use a Q-tip? To the Googles!
  •  
    I guess I didn't see it as being judgmental....just more of a curiosity thing. Where do they live? What style of home do they have? Are they someone that keeps a clean house, or someone that is a hardcore hoarder and doesn't bother to clean up a bit before posting a picture online because they don't care what other's think? Oooohhhh....look at their cool couch! Love that couch! I am totally going to make note of how their kitchen backsplash is for when we re-do the kitchen....love the colors of it! That type of thing. 

I have been in some pretty nice apartments, and they weren't even high end ones. Just people who did some amazing decorating, while keeping the cost really low by using second hand items and making it their own. It always gives me lots of ideas, and shows me that I don't have to get something from an expensive store, just to make my place look nice. I live in a larger home, and I would hate to be judged on the fact that it is larger, and not anything else. Like, if they think that I am spoiled, but they don't see that after working all week, I spend my weekends doing yard work and cleaning this house...not living my life. They don't see that we got a good deal on it because we bought it off our IL's. They aren't seeing that all of the modifications that we have done to the house, we do with our own hands to save money. I would rather have someone spying on where I live and mentioning something awesome about the decor or interior, that I worked my a** off on by doing/building myself and ask me about it.....than focusing on the fact that I have a big house, I'm spoiled, or any of that jazz.  
    Hit nail on head. I love seeing styles of homes, what people did for landscaping, etc.  I lived in a high rise apartment in Florida right after the market crashed.  That apartment was so fancy and huge compared to my house now.  The building had its own gym, rooftop pool, spa, common room and personal movie theater.  It was by far the nicest place I've ever lived.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• jwittwerjwittwer member
    edited March 2016
    I'm currently sitting at work and watching college hockey... no shame

ETA: UND Fighting Sioux hockey gif

July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @oneliloaktree13 it's one of my favorites from the show. I want to adopt some of the 50's style parenting. Obviously not driving drunk with them in the car, smoking around them...but being less of a helicopter parents.

I also covet her headboard and the majority of her clothes
  • jwittwer said:

Ummm....shut the front door. I went and bought up a good chunk of Fighting Sioux merchandise before they dropped the name. Lol!

ETA more, I hit post before I finished typing
  • jwittwer said:

Ummm....shut the front door. I went and bought up a good chunk of Fighting Sioux merchandise before they dropped the name. Lol!
    My alma mater! I grew up in ND as well. Just bought two new sweatshirts with the logo yesterday-- the Ralph still sells them every once in a while-- they have to do so to keep the trademark!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• My old apartment was so much nicer than my house. I got land (1 acre) but that means responsibility. I know I love in a cheap little home. It's a small split level built in 1979. It needs a ton of work, and we are slowly doing it.

We bought it because it was cheap (under 100k) and that we could live off of 1 income. 

I am honest with it. Like I said, I am more likely to judge some one for trying to keep up with the Jones than for anthting else.
  • I have kind of a lame fffc, but I like the fact that my belly button pops during pregnancy lol! I feel like it looks cute and that there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant at all. It popped really early this time, around 22 weeks, so people have been asking about the pregnancy since then, which actually makes me feel good that others notice.
    I can't wait for mine to pop out! Right now, it just looks like some kind of stretched-out cavern, and it grosses me out. 
  • jwittwer said:
    jwittwer said:

My alma mater! I grew up in ND as well. Just bought two new sweatshirts with the logo yesterday-- the Ralph still sells them every once in a while-- they have to do so to keep the trademark!
    We did a road trip from WA to ND one year for a wedding in Bismarck. I loved being out there (and in MT as well). Instead of bringing back souvenirs, we brought back Sioux gear (the couple getting married, and their siblings - all of them being my bosses at the time - went to UND). Their parents sent us a little green UND sweatshirt when we had DD as a baby gift, because it still had the Sioux on it. It was about 6 months before the wedding, that the whole thing was going on in court and the decision was made, so we felt like we had to snag stuff before it was hard to find! 
  • My husband and I are cleaning out our office. Mostly, I'm just sitting in my desk chair watching. I'm just too tired to help. Really, it's mostly him just organizing a million wires to things I don't understand. If it was more of my stuff I might feel bad for not helping, but I just don't. 

I'm also making him help me dye my hair when he's done. He's a good man and I'm a lazy wife. 
  • Nerdchild said:
    @noelietrex I only clean mine because I view it as such a gross body part.  I've never been advised by a medical professional to clean it at all. I clean mine with a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. I never get anything out of there, I just see it as a 'dead skin sweep' even though I'm sure water running over it in the shower does just fine. 

I probably should just leave it alone, because I get fainty when cleaning it out from being so skeeved. I get hot in the face, nauseated, fuzzy vision, etc. Just another in my long list of neurotic behaviors. 

Eta: The 'Weird Stuff I Do Potoo' meme is probably my spirit animal.

You don't get stomach aches after cleaning it out? I used to always pick at mine as a kid to 'clean it out' and sure enough, it never fails that I always get a mild stomach ache shortly right after.
  • My little brother used to like to pick people's belly buttons. He was only a few years old, but he'd always try to dig in your belly button. And if he scraped out any dead skin, he'd say, "I found a chip!"  He's now a well adjusted 23 year old, but it was super gross. 
  • Omg this belly button talk is killing me haha! My friends and husband alwaysss make fun of me for hating belly buttons. My best friend from back home even sends me videos of her poking hers ... Bleh just gives me chills thinking about it haha! 
  • HeathereaddyHeathereaddy member
    edited March 2016
    I despise this stupid outie belly button. DH thinks it's cute but I feel like winnie the pooh with this thing. Ugh! 
  • I know I've probably over-discussed my belly button insecurities, but I'll be glad when mine pops and isn't making my belly dent. Also, isn't an outie belly button (not pregnant) a hernia? I could be making that up. 

• I get creeped out by what I consider "abnormal" belly buttons...this includes all outies, and innies that I guess didn't heal well and are lumpy/crooked/whatever. 

And I just had like 10 birthday cake Oreos for dinner. Not even sorry.
  • @simplymizzj No tummy aches for me after my weird belly button cleaning ritual. I'm normally pretty gentle about it, so maybe that's why?
  • My little brother used to like to pick people's belly buttons. He was only a few years old, but he'd always try to dig in your belly button. And if he scraped out any dead skin, he'd say, "I found a chip!"  He's now a well adjusted 23 year old, but it was super gross. 
    Holy shit

My belly button never popped out last time. It just looked really stretched out. 
  • My belly bottom and surrounding areas are very itchy right now. I doubt there will be any popping of the button though. 
  • erin7264 said:

And I just had like 10 birthday cake Oreos for dinner. Not even sorry.
    Now I really want Oreos. Really, really want Oreos.
  • elldel said:
    I have kind of a lame fffc, but I like the fact that my belly button pops during pregnancy lol! I feel like it looks cute and that there's no mistaking that I'm pregnant at all. It popped really early this time, around 22 weeks, so people have been asking about the pregnancy since then, which actually makes me feel good that others notice.
    I can't wait for mine to pop out! Right now, it just looks like some kind of stretched-out cavern, and it grosses me out. 
    This is a dumb question but does it go back in after the baby comes?! 
  • I know I've probably over-discussed my belly button insecurities, but I'll be glad when mine pops and isn't making my belly dent. Also, isn't an outie belly button (not pregnant) a hernia? I could be making that up. 
    Not necessarily. When I was a kid, I had a VERY noticeable outie. My stupid doctor at the time suggested that I get surgery to cut it off. My parents declined, thankfully and sure enough, as I got older, my outie became an innie.

My daughter has a small nodule above her belly bottom though, which our pediatrician says is a hernia but we won't need to address it until she gets older and bothers her.
  • Jmcc9713 said:
    elldel said:
    This is a dumb question but does it go back in after the baby comes?! 
    Yes, it does, after our belly shrinks back to somewhat normal size.