Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I cried in my job interview (when they asked me what failure I had in life..)

Yesterday was my '1st month anniversary' of MC...
I wasn't looking for job but a company called me up and wanted to interview me.
The interview went very well. Towards the end, they asked "share a failure you had in life"...I go "on a personal level, I lost my child last month. I can control my career, education but I can't control a life. I can't prevent a heart stop beating..." then my tears were out....
I know it's silly to say but all I want to do now is to have my 1st period, have my regularity back and to get pregnant again. 
All I want is to have my little angel back to my belly....
Arg!

Re: I cried in my job interview (when they asked me what failure I had in life..)

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I think it took me about a month to be able to talk to someone at work who did not know about it without crying, and that was totally on my own terms and quite planned.  Hugs.
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    I am so sorry @olivia1540 ....I know how you feel and I don't think I'll be truly happy until I'm pregnant again. But even then we won't ever forget the baby that we lost.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my 3 week anniversary, I just had my D&C follow up today. I finally stopped bleeding 2 days ago, and was hoping the ultrasound today would show that I was close to ovulating again but no :( Now I'm just waiting for my lab results to come back tomorrow, praying for low levels of HCG. The waiting is so incredibly hard when you have no clue when things will go back to normal. I'm a total type A personality, I thrive off of control over my life and have plans for everything, but I have ZERO control over this and it's killing me. It could be weeks to months before I get pregnant again and every day that passes feels like an eternity. Some days I find myself just living hour by hour. 

Sending positive vibes your way, I hope you get the job, maybe it will help time pass quickly for you! ;) Work has definitely helped me to get my mind off things! 

...and what kind of interview question is that by the way?! Crazy! 
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry. It can be so hard to talk about without breaking down. Hugs. Just know that this was not a personal failure and it was not your fault.
  • Options
    @Knottie1458305956 That's exactly how I feel everyday. (( hugs )) to you and wish you have a speedy recovery.
    @RiverSong15 Thanks!
  • Options
    Same to you! Hoping Aunt Flo will resume sooner rather than later for the both of us :)
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your cycle returns soon so you can have some peace of mind. Wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss! I am like 6-7 weeks post loss and I still haven't really told anyone because I know I will break down crying. This is my first fertile week since and I even found this's super emotional. All of these steps just make the loss seem even more real to me and it sucks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry for you.  That whole experience sounds dreadful. Hugs mama

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy