TTC after 35

My first RE appointment...CD 3 blood work update

jennh75bjennh75b member
edited March 2016 in TTC after 35
There was nothing too revealing or earth shattering about what she thinks could be wrong, because on the surface everything seems to be fine other than several months where we did not BD nearly enough, but otherwise I've always been regular, no signs of PCOS.  I've never tried to get pregnant before this so there is no real history to speak of.  I really like the place, liked the doctor.  

I/we will do all of the testing hopefully in one cycle starting next week.  Then we have an appointment towards the end of April to review everything.  

If we get to the decision to do IUI or IVF, I will go to another clinic for that, as they told me my insurance will only pay towards those procedures if I go to a particular clinic, not the place I went today.  So I'll stick with all of the testing and such with them, and once we see what options we want, we may have to switch.

They also offer genetic testing.  I really am torn personally on what to do about that, as who knows if insurance will cover any part of it.  I will certainly look into it, though.   She wrote down a few she thought would be best to test for.
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: My first RE appointment...CD 3 blood work update

• Sounds like you had a great visit @jennh75band that's great you don't have PCOS! 
    It's encouraging to know that if you proceed in the future with IUI or IVF, that there's a clinic that will take your insurance! 

Hopefully you will conceive asap and won't need to go back at all ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks so much, @thistle8677 !  I appreciate the encouragement.  After talking to H about the appointment and his "role" in it, he was fine with it but a little shocked I guess that they want an SA so soon.  But he is in denial that we even have to take these steps and is really hoping we conceived this month.  So much so that he gave it one last try the very same night of the appointment....which is really way too far out of the fertile window, but whatever.  I could tell he was just really hoping we didn't have to do all of this.  He doesn't want to tell me what he thinks about all of the possible treatment options, either.  He's not ready to think that far ahead, and I don't blame him.  It's never a predicament someone thinks they will be in.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • So I had my CD 3 blood work this morning and some of the results are in.  My LH is 13.66, FSH 7.60, and TSH 1.788.  I see from researching a little that the TSH is good, FSH is good, but the LH is much higher than should be on CD 3.  This totally makes sense to me since I always test positive on OPK any time of the month I take them.  What I also gather is when your LH is higher than the FSH, this is associated with PCOS.  Yet, I have no symptoms of PCOS.  I will be curious to see what the RE says.  I don't know if they are going to still have me using the OPK on CD11 or try something else.  To me using them is pointless, I'm going to get a positive on the first day.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • I'm sorry you're facing more questions! @jennh75b
    I wish I knew more about this, I'm hoping one of the other ladies sees your post and chimes in. 
    I can't afford to see an RE yet, but I suspect I have PCOS. I've looked into natural ways of lowering lh levels, but again, I don't know what mine even are.

I hope you hear back asap and get your RE's thoughts on a plan of action. 
    So glad you went and found out! This is a huge piece of the puzzle! I've got everything crossed for you that you're that much closer to getting pg xo
    Please keep us updated! Xoxo
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks again @thistle8677 .  I just got a message saying I'm still supposed to follow-up with the rest of the tests, and to use the OPK tests still, so we shall see.  I do hope that this gives us a better chance than what we did have thus far.  I appreciate the positive vibes!

I'm sorry to hear you can't afford the RE right now.  I hope you're able to find some answers soon as well!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014