Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

March TFAS (Trying for a Sibling) Check In

2»

Re: March TFAS (Trying for a Sibling) Check In

• Options
    What number are you trying for?  How old are your other kids?
    Trying for #2. DD is 9 months old. She was born last May!

What cycle/month are you currently TTC?
    Not sure. We started "trying" in January but I haven't had a PP period yet so our chances are pretty slim right now. I've been attempting to temp even though I was night nursing, and no ovulation yet :( I had some signs in January of my cycle trying to gear up again (EWCM, acne, bloating, etc) but I guess my hormones didn't get over the hump and are still getting ready for action again. Just night weaned this week so maybe that change will get things rolling...

Questions we can help you with?
    For BFing mamas, how long did it take your cycles to return? Anyone have to wait before trying again, and if so did you make any changes to try and jump start your cycles? We are just really excited to get pregnant again and I'm impatient!

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS?
    We knew before getting married that we wanted a big family, maybe 4 or 5 kids if we're lucky. DD was a blessedly "easy" first baby, which made us even more ready to jump in and do it over again. We were ready to try for #2 when she was about 6 months old but luckily my body didn't make that possible. I think that small of a gap would ultimately be very challenging, to say the least. But we are hoping for a gap of about 2 years.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

What number are you trying for?  How old are your other kids? #2, Monkey is 2

What cycle/month are you currently TTC? 1/1

Questions we can help you with? No. I'm already ready to be done. Blah. 

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? I'm not sure. I realized that I'm just going to be more tired and older so might as well do it now when I'm less tired. I also want to be able to move forward in my career when possible. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #2
     How old are your other kids? He turned 11 months old today!
     What cycle/month are you currently TTC:  5/5 (we had T-TTC with him so we started trying as soon as my periods started again, when he was around 7 months)
    Questions we can help you with? I'm looking for some advice from mamas who have breastfed while pregnant. I've gotten mixed reviews but the general consensus is that it hurts like heck the first trimester. I mean, it took us awhile to get pregnant with him so it may not be an issue as he could be weaned by the time I get pregnant again but I'm just wanting to hear some more experiences. Part of me is thinking I should just wean him at a year since it could help my chances of having ovulatory cycles but part of me feels really, really bad for taking that away from him before he's ready just so I can make him a sibling.  I'm leaning towards just letting him wean himself when he's ready and crossing my fingers that I ovulate more than not.  My cycles have been fairly regular but I haven't been temping consistently so who knows. I guess I'm not sure what my question is.... I'm just curious if there's anyone on this board who has had the same dilemma.
     GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? We knew as soon as we got pregnant with our first that we wanted more than one and we wanted them close together. In my mind, it's like having a built in best friend. 
  • Options
    clover28 said:
     What cycle/month are you currently TTC:  5/5 (we had T-TTC with him so we started trying as soon as my periods started again, when he was around 7 months)
    Questions we can help you with? I'm looking for some advice from mamas who have breastfed while pregnant. I've gotten mixed reviews but the general consensus is that it hurts like heck the first trimester. I mean, it took us awhile to get pregnant with him so it may not be an issue as he could be weaned by the time I get pregnant again but I'm just wanting to hear some more experiences. Part of me is thinking I should just wean him at a year since it could help my chances of having ovulatory cycles but part of me feels really, really bad for taking that away from him before he's ready just so I can make him a sibling.  I'm leaning towards just letting him wean himself when he's ready and crossing my fingers that I ovulate more than not.  My cycles have been fairly regular but I haven't been temping consistently so who knows. I guess I'm not sure what my question is.... I'm just curious if there's anyone on this board who has had the same dilemma.
     GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? We knew as soon as we got pregnant with our first that we wanted more than one and we wanted them close together. In my mind, it's like having a built in best friend. 
    We are TTC #2. DS is 2 1/2 and still nursing 2-3x/day. I'm not pushing to wean at this point, but I'm also not against it. I see that I'm ovulating via temping/charting, so I'm not worried about that. My OB isn't really on board with nursing through pregnancy, so I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.  I don't necessarily agree with him in the abcence of other risk factors. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What number are you trying for?  How old are your other kids? Trying for #3, my BG twins are 14 months 

What cycle/month are you currently TTC? We go to the RE next cycle

Questions we can help you with? None right now 

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? We wanted a 2 ish yr age gap between for our next one so hopefully potty the twins will be more independent, but we continued to unofficially try since my 1st AF returned.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    momstahpmomstahp member
    edited March 2016
    clover28 said:
    I've never been pregnant and breastfeeding, so unfortunately I can't really help you there, but what did help my cycles regulate some more is slowly weaning my son starting around 10 months.  Right now he is getting close to 2 years old, and we are down to nursing 2-3x during the night and no day time nursing.  I mostly followed his lead and would encourage him when he seemed resistant when I knew he could handle it.  For some women just switching up their BFing routine or dropping a feeding is enough to jump start their fertility, while others won't be fertile again until their LO is completely off the boob.  I'd suggest playing with the idea of dropping a feeding or switching up your routine first to see if that helps.  That way you could see if you even need to completely wean your son to get pregnant.  Hopefully we will get the best of both worlds :) 

**ETA: It can be a long process if you go that route.  We've me TTC for nearly a year now, and only the last few cycles have been fairly regular with an LP at a good length and O before CD30.  Before that they were all over the place once I got my period back after having DS.  

Idk if that was even what you were looking for lol but I hope that helps some, if nothing else to at least let you know that you aren't alone in that struggle! haha :)
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    TTC #2. #1 is 11 months old.

What cycle/month are you currently TTC? About to start first cycle of IUI.

Questions we can help you with? Not right now.

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? While pregnant with #1, I was on the fence about having more than one kid, because the fertility treatments were so difficult to go through (emotionally). I also had hypermesis gravidarum for 6 months straight and had to be hospitalized during the worst of it. But the minute kiddo was born I forgot all of it and knew I wanted more. I got the referral to go back to the fertility clinic the minute my family doctor was willing to sign it.  
  • Options
    What number are you trying for? #2  How old are your other kids? 22 months

What cycle/month are you currently TTC? 12

Questions we can help you with? DS was born at 29 weeks, has anyone here had a preemie and then had a full term birth?

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? We always wanted to have our children close in age. We talked about waiting longer, due to DS being a preemie, but since we knew it would take a while to get KTFU we started trying just before he was 1. Now I'm worried that the age gap is getting too far apart! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @momstahp Thank you!! It took us a year to get pregnant with our son so we started as soon as we could to start trying for a sibling. He's starting to sleep through the night so I'm hoping dropping those night time feedings will help with fertility.  I'm not ready to wean him yet and I know he's not ready either. Heck, the kid won't even take a bottle if he knows I'm home!
  • Options
    Yailani23Yailani23 member
    edited March 2016
    *trigger warning: miscarriages mentioned***

TTC #2. DD will be 3 in two weeks. I experienced my 2nd m/c, d&c last Friday but I'm ready to get back in it.

What cycle/month are you currently TTC?  Technically not trying yet, waiting for the doc to clear us.

Questions we can help you with? None at the moment.

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? I knew I was ready after I had experienced my first m/c. It was a surprise BFP but we were overjoyed of the thought of giving DD a sibling. 

ETA: TW

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    @Yailani23 so sorry for your loss.  

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @Yailani23 I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    @Yailani23 As pp said, sorry to hear about your recent loss. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What number are you trying for?  How old are your other kids? TTC #2 DS will be 3 in May.

What cycle/month are you currently TTC?  3rd cycle.

Questions we can help you with? Does anyone here work night shift & still temp successfully? 

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS? We bought our 1st house & finally have the room for another. I'm excited to have a nursery this time around. 
    TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • Options
    irohspupilirohspupil member
    edited March 2016
    What number are you trying for?  How old are your other kids? TTC #2 DD is 8 months old. 

What cycle/month are you currently TTC?  Possibly starting next cycle but as my BCPs start running out I'm getting more nervous. Maybe officially starting this summer instead. (I hope it's okay if I go ahead and participate in this monthly check in!)

Questions we can help you with?  Not right now. 

GTKY: How did you know you were ready to TFAS?  I've been wanting to get started since DD was 6 months old. My sister and I are 15 months apart and I loved it growing up and still do. But, DH wasn't ready. Now, He says he doesn't care if I go off BC next month. "Whatever happens, happens," is what he says, but I'm a little worried he's not totally ready yet. Which is making me feel like I might not be ready. Agh! 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
  • Options
    KT&JohnKT&John member
    edited March 2016
    Old poster here. Surprised my account still works! I have a son, 5, and a daughter, 8. We just started trying this month. Not charting or anything yet. Just seeing what happens. We were on the fence about a third but have been settled into a space that would accommodate 3 kids for a while now and felt it was right to try. GL all! Nice to be back in a place where others are at a similar stage.

edited for autocorrect errors
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016