Pregnant after a Loss

Weekly PGAL check-in 3/21

2»

Re: Weekly PGAL check-in 3/21

• @Wishilivedinflorida thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I'm so sorry to hear your news. Hugs to you from Florida. I hope you're back here very soon. The third time was the charm for a lot of us. 

@Af2013nl Welcome and I hope things continue to go well for you this time.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Hello ladies, I introduced myself on a separate board but will check-in here too. Briefly, got my BFP at 12dpo, now confirmed by blood test at 13dpo, line keeps getting darker and have many symptoms, more than my last two pg (which ended in mmc at 10wks both).

2. 4w0d today! Hopefully the nurse will believe me now...EDD based on FF 12/02. 

3. My rave is also like @Af2013nl , just happy and optimistic to be here. I am trying to let go of the situation, there isn't much I can do but wait and see. 

4. It think it is hiking weather, I'll convince DH to go hiking with me and the fur baby (+little bean)!

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you so much @CarrieandRoy Florida will always be special because that's where we conceived our first little angel baby. Feeling your warm weather hugs! We are planning a trip back down for later this year now that we don't have to hang on to our vacation time. Bittersweet but looking forward to it. I'm so looking forward to when you get your take home baby! You've been such a great support here to me and others. Thank you again. 
  • Good luck in the home stretch @bntfroggie !

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• *phew*  Last milestone before latest mc date...  Done and perfect!  Now I've just got to survive through next Friday's genetic/scan appt.  Although I DO think it's borderline cruel that the only available time was on April Fool's day...  But look!  It waved during the scan!  (12w0d)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): Hello, my name is Melissa. I'm 33 my BF is 29. I was previously on these boards with my ex husband when we were going through infertility - we went through 2 rounds of medication IUI's and I successfully got pregnant both times but also miscarried both times :( The first time was never clearly discussed with me if it was ectopic or a BO, treated me with methotrexate, the second time was a confirmed BO and I had a D&E - had a ton of BW done, chromosomal testing all of which was normal - but at the time I had an uncontrolled thyroid and I was 60 lbs overweight.  Since then (approx 5 years ago) I got divorced which was absolutely the worst time in my life, but then I met my BF a year later ... we have been together almost 3 years.  I had stopped my BC Oct/Nov 2015, I was feeling really crappy daily so my doc suggested I try to stop it and see if I felt any better, which I did ... and then unexpectedly I had a positive test a week and a half ago. Shocked but extremely excited because I have always wanted this ... very scared however, because since this is a different partner, and we didn't go through infertility my OBGYN was not at all concerned ... me, however, is a hot mess.  I'm so used to the frequent HCG's, ultrasounds and now I have to wait ... every twinge and ache has me terrified. is there a baby in there? is it another BO? is that pain on my right side near my hip indicating an ectopic? i'm a spaz and I'm so glad to be back here where I can interact with other ladies who completely and utterly understand all the emotions I'm feeling right now, my fears and my excitement. 

2. How far along are you? EDD? I'm not 100% positive, I have my first OBGYN appt this upcoming Tuesday, however I was informed that the office I am going to does not have an ultrasound machine so I'm not sure it will be that reassuring of a visit or that I"ll really get any answers in regards to this but I'm going with approx 6w 2d ... my approx EDD would be Nov 16th

3. Rants/Raves/Randoms:  I have had a constant dull ache on my lower right side, near my groin. It will radiate to my right hip and to my lower back - which my lower back has also been achy.  I have only vomited a few times, my boobs feel normal all of which makes me nervous bc i really have no symptoms besides the lower abdominal light cramping and back pains which i have had since the positive test ... so who knows. I have also been an absolute bitch ... my fuse is so short ... my poor BF gets the wrath most times and god bless him bc i know i can be completely off the wall lol.

4. Next milestone you are looking forward to: an ultrasound showing a little miracle in there.  I have never ever had a positive ultrasound ... every time i have seen an empty sac and been so utterly disappointed so i'm remaining optimistic this time around and i am looking forward to an ultrasound with a  little bean in there!! 

5 GTKY: In honor of Spring.  What is your favorite thing about spring? I absolutely love the smell of the spring flowers ... and also the fact that it's light out much later so you get more time to enjoy the beautiful days :)
  • Congrats @melissakyle2016 ! Your symptoms sound normal to me. Not everyone throws up so don't worry. It's amazing how we can get a pleasant surprise when least expected, isn't it? I know it's tough to be at ease right now. My mantra in the beginning was being thankful I was pregnant each day and making sure I smiled while reminding myself! 
  • @kimey1 thank you I needed that reassurance today!! I'm so crampy, achy and just miserable :( 
  • @melissakyle2016 Yeah I used to be grateful for round ligament pain, migraines and backaches in the 1st trimester. I kept telling myself these are signs my body is changing to help her grow :smile: I think that helped me take fewer tylenols and focus on other things than the pain