LGBT Parenting

Weekly check in 2/29

Let's get caught up and talk about the upcoming week! 

@twomommiestobe ;
@vnegron87 
@beanie1977
@blakelya
@clairelosc
@angelicac06
@fsbc
@vl2016
@twochickshavinachick
@retropetro

Anyone is free to join in and participate! If anyone you know might want to be active, feel free to tag them as well.

Copy and paste the following questions so we can get to know each other better! 

What is happening this week? 

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc? 

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly check in 2/29

Pregnant

First u/s on Thursday!! 

None right now 

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mint chocolate chip or chocolate chip cookie dough

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker

My wife, V, and I are TTC.

We have a few days left of our TWW from our second attempt at an unmedicated IUI.  We will test on Thursday, the 3rd if V doesn't start her period beforehand.

Nothing this week. 

TOO MANY!  I had a bowl of coffee ice cream with hot fudge after supper tonight.  I'll eat ice cream all year long, even in the freezing cold;  I'll wear gloves while sharing a pint of ice cream with my wife.  Yummy!
  • Loading the player...
  • FSBCFSBC member
    Parent

Taking LO on his first plane ride... headed to Cali for a few days. 

Not at the moment

Ben & Jerry's, Late Night Snack

Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• @VL2016 our first ultrasound is on your testing day!! I think that is a good sign for both of us!!!! :smile: 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello, Hope all is well with everyone. Best of luck to those ttc and good health to all.

What is happening this week?  Little S just cut her first premolars. Two beautiful big ones on one side of her lower jaw popped up overnight, bringing her total teeth to ten. Her poor gums are all blistered and swollen and we think the corresponding teeth on the other side and above are about to break through too, before things settle down again for her. She's such a sweet natured girl that she takes it quite well. She lies with her head on my shoulder, the occasional sigh or gentle tug on my hair but otherwise calm and patient. And we know it's hurting because she's started whimpering in her sleep. It's lucky she's short though because at 5'2, I wouldn't be able to keep carrying her so much otherwise.

Any LGBT questions, advice, problems, etc? 
    Not currently.

GTKY: It depends on my mood. If I'm spending the evening in with A, we go for a classic vanilla (Madagascar, because I'm not a big fan of French) but if we go out, I have to go for something 'different' like an oreo sundae or an elderfower sorbet. A will usually wait until I've excused myself to go to the ladies before ordering a sundae with two spoons to surprise me, lol.

What is happening this week?: first insem down, now starting the tww

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc?: nope, we're pretty good. Just hoping the next couple weeks go by fast!

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? mint chocolate chip!
  • @FirePoppy when do yall plan on testing? I love the countdowns!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @twomommiestobe (first ultrasound--so exciting!!) well, my wife wants to wait until 14dpo....but I'm thinking 7dpo. I totally broke down and tested this morning, even though i KNEW it couldn't possibly be positive (3dpo) lol So hopefully Sunday will be our first real test, then wednesday (10dpo) and saturday...

Is 7dpo too soon? The wait is a lot more difficult than I had expected. On Monday, I was convinced that I was pregnant, Tuesday I was sure I was not....today, who knows? :wink: 
  • FirePoppy said:
    @twomommiestobe (first ultrasound--so exciting!!) well, my wife wants to wait until 14dpo....but I'm thinking 7dpo. I totally broke down and tested this morning, even though i KNEW it couldn't possibly be positive (3dpo) lol So hopefully Sunday will be our first real test, then wednesday (10dpo) and saturday...

Is 7dpo too soon? The wait is a lot more difficult than I had expected. On Monday, I was convinced that I was pregnant, Tuesday I was sure I was not....today, who knows? :wink: 
    A FEW people get bfp on 8dpo. Most 10+. Don't give up yet!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • BlakelyaBlakelya member
    edited March 2016
    TTC via IVF (her eggs, her basket)
    We had egg retrieval on Monday with 30 eggs! Found out 28 of them were mature and 18 in total fertilized successfully, now just waiting waiting waiting to hear how many little embies tough it out this week. We'll freeze and then wait wait wait again for transfer tentatively scheduled for 3/28
    Nope, we're hanging in there. I think it was last week I mentioned some stress regarding MIL. Thankfully, she has been better with boundaries and support the last couple of weeks. Since she lives right around the corner and will likely be relied upon for childcare, finding that right balance ASAP is essential. The fact that NONE of her friends or their extended family knows about any of the gayness...that's another matter and not one in my control. Such is life.
    Oh boy. The Blue Bell scandal really crushed my heart, because their cookies and cream or blackberry cobbler are my forever faves. Talenti chocolate peanut butter cup gelato has had to fill that hole in my heart...and arteries...
  • Hi, I'm new here, 37, and in my second cycle of IUI at 8DPO. My wife and I live in a pretty small town where all our friends are straight, so I'd love some folks to talk to through this complicated fertility process.

I'm dying to find out next week if this is our month!

Any questions, problems, advice?
    Two questions: For those doing IUI, how physically active have you been through this process? My doctor told me minimal activity during the TWW, which I took as "don't push yourself" but she apparently meant as "stop running and riding your bike all the time." I'm normally really active and run 50 miles a week, so stopping completely has been tough on my mental health. (I already scaled way back before we started trying and put on a little weight, per my doctor's recommendation.) Have you guys been told to stop exercising? How do you cope?

Question 2: For those of you with jobs that involve a lot of work travel, how do you navigate the IUI process around your schedule? I'm really struggling with this right now and don't want to cancel too many trips if it will affect my job performance, but I don't know how to explain this process to my boss. Any advice or commiseration would be welcome!

Favorite ice cream?
    Cookies and cream!

-C
    TTC!

We are still waiting on our first FET with one of our 8 healthy snowflakes! :smile: I get a kick out of all the terminology

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc? Not really, (being honest here though, now that we have a treadmill of our own, I leave the casa once a week for groceries.)

blue bell homemade vanilla.  None in eons though...
  • @catscatscatscats - I LOVE your name!  I am such an animal lover; my wife and I have three cats, a dog and a frog.

I travel a fair amount for work, but I think my situation is unique in that I get to create my own schedule.  So, I actually have my wife's menstrual cycle hiding in my work calendar.  That way, I can decide which days are better for work travel.  I don't envy your position of having to think about explaining something so personal to your boss.  Is there a way that you can be vague and explain that you're going through some (non-serious) medical testing/treatment and that you'd like to amend your traveling to accommodate that?  Good luck!
  • Hi everyone! I am late to the party as usual. 

Status: (ttc, waiting/benched, pregnant, parent) Parent to a gorgeous now 17.1 lbs- 12 month clothes wearing- 3 month old -line backer baby boy. Haha

What is happening this week? This week I made an extended leave request formal. I decided to attempt to go back to my job after my aunt informed me she could be my sons caregiver aslong as it's at her home. My official return date is 03/31. I am praying it all works out. I worried about it being too much stress on our LO. I know babies/children adapt I just want him happy. I feel an immense amount of guilt because I'm choosing to work. Financially I don't have to. Only time will tell I guess. 

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc? Any working moms advice welcomed. 
    @catscatscatscats before AI at home, my DW and I did 2 IUIs and our dr told me after that day I could resume normal activities. Zero restrictions. To me it didn't matter since TTC, I stopped all exercise. The most I did was 1 hike, lol. 
    @FirePoppy I was just telling you on the other thread not to test early! Lol it's a psychological, emotional rollercoaster. Wait at least 12 dpo! Lol

@Twochickshavingachick teething is awful! Our LO is drooling like crazy and biting down/sucking on anything and everything. Poor little guy, he just screams a lot. 

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Oreo cookie! Now I want some. I have to constantly remind myself I am no loner pregnant! I can't eat the same way. Aw I miss being pregnant. 
  • Hi everybody, thanks so much for the responses!

@angelicac06 That's so weird--I was told to do only "minimal exercise," so I've just been walking and doing yoga. I miss running and cycling like crazy! The first month of IUI I ran seven miles the day after before I knew my doctor didn't want me to exercise. Then I blamed myself for it not working, so I guess I'd rather not take chances this time. Maybe they're being extra cautious because I'm at "advanced age"?

@VL2016 I tried to put my cycle schedule and all the dates I would need to be in town for blood tests or IUI into my calendar but all the hormones are throwing off my usual cycle patterns, so it's hard to predict very far into the future. I've been vague at work about my scheduling issues, but I'm starting to think they're concerned I'm going through some serious medical stuff. 

@FirePoppy I'm with you on wanting to test early. The wait is brutal!

What is happening this week? Currently 4dpo after 2nd IUI. So far I've felt fine, just a bit of bloating and mild nausea, no real symptoms at this point 

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc? Not at this stage :) 

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Salted Caramel (with actual chewy caramel pieces) ok, now I'm hungry... 
  • @twomommiestobe How was the ultrasound yesterday?!
  • @twomommiestobe that is so cool!! I'm so excited for you guys :smiley: 
  • Such great news, @twomommiestobe
    Very, very exciting!
  • BIG CONGRATS @twomommiestobe! Very happy for you and your wife.

@FSBC We're taking our daughter on her first plane ride in two weeks. Good luck!

What is happening this week?: Had a bit of a recovery setback (I'm just shy of 4 weeks postpartum) so I'm still struggling to recover and take care of LO at the same time. It's hard on me and hard on my wife to manage everything else because my mobility is limited. Hoping I feel better soon. Postpartum is so hard! Luckily LO is healthy.

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc? I found local LGBT moms at prenatal yoga and went up and talked to them and are trying to arrange hangouts. If there is a local diversity center perhaps there are parenting groups there?

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?: It would be quicker to list ice cream I don't like (eggnog)! I lovvvveee ice cream and eat it so much since I became pregnant. Haven't stopped since I've been postpartum either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Hi everyone, I am new here. I'm 28 and my lady is 31. We did our first IUI cycle last month and it was a BFN. Our second IUI should be this weekend(currently tracking our LH surge). We don't really have a lot of friends to talk to about this, so having people to talk to will be great. Not too many questions right now. I am not a huge ice cream person but if I am in the mood for it I will destroy a pint of coconut gelato. 
  • Awwwwww I LOVE pistachio gelato @ahager0417
  • edited March 2016
    @ahager0417 Hi. We don't have many LGBT friends irl and we're the first in our circle to be building a family so we can relate there. Looking forward to getting to know you. 

@FirePoppy congratulations! 
  • @FirePoppy - Congratulations!  That is fantastic news! :smile: :smile: :smile: 
  • @FirePoppy - Congratulations!!!
  • :::Trigger Warning-loss mentioned:::

Just wanted to to start by apologizing to the ladies that know me about going MIA for a while.  My wife and I found out that we were having complications with the baby and unfortunately did not get a heartbeat this Wednesday and had to undergo a D&E today.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for us but that's still no excuse as to disappearing, especially when I know everyone here needs all the support they can get.  

@twomommiestobe I am so happy to hear that you are pregnant and doing well so far, that's so exciting! @LV2016 GL with testing this coming week, FX for positive results.

I am very happy to see many new faces here :-)

Any lgbt questions, advice, problems, etc?  None at the moment.

Gtky: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Classic vanilla with chocolate syrup and whip cream
    ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• That's awesome news, congratulations @FirePoppy

**Trigger Warning**
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)

• @vnegron87 - I am so, so sorry to learn of your loss.  My heart hurts for you and your wife.  Thinking of you lots.
  • FirePoppy said:
    Hi all--just a quick update to let you know...we got our BFP today!!! 
    How exciting!!! When is your next appt?
  • @vnegron87 1,000% excused. I am very sorry. Here if you need to talk. 
  • @vnegron87 - I am sorry to hear of your loss.  And we're glad you're back posting; sometimes writing it out can be cathartic.
  • @angelicac06  @retropetro thank you for your support.

I do agree, writing it out does  help and I think I was just trying to hide from the fear of what was really going on and writing it would have made it more real (which I wasn't yet ready for).     

**Trigger Warning**

• @vnegron87 I'm very sorry for your loss. 
  • We had our IUI today. So now we just have to deal with the TWW. We are excited! Just waiting and hoping
  • @vnegron87 - I'm glad you're finding some comfort in writing and sharing.  Lots of hugs to you.

@ahager0417 - Good luck with the wait!  V and I expect to try our third attempt later this week.  Hopefully, March is our lucky month!
  • retropetroretropetro member
    edited March 2016
    Doc's office called today :smile:we're scheduled for an U/S in 1 week to see if we are ready for our first FET!!
  • @vl2016 are you and V in TWW?  How's everything going?

**Trigger Warning**

• @vnegron87  V's fertile days were last week.  But, last week was weird for a couple of reasons. V takes a thyroid medication but she told me last Friday that she thinks she may have missed a couple pills during the week - she was feeling kind of strange (dizzy, not herself, etc.).  So, her OPK readings were off.

Additionally, she went to acupuncture last Thursday, and V's acupuncturist told her that she didn't have enough "qi" to get pregnant right now (take that for what it's worth). She told me this last Friday, and I was immediately angry and defensive on her behalf. However, even though she was initially upset, V felt that her acupuncturist offered a lot of support with her fertility goals in the form of tough love.

So, after a long heart-to-heart, we decided to wait until her next cycle for another IUI attempt. We're pretty sure she ovulated last week anyway, and we missed it. Hopefully, she'll be feeling a lot better in a few weeks!