November 2015 Moms

hello!

So I mainly lurked during my pregnancy and didn't post anything, but I've been posting quite a bit lately so I thought I would introduce myself!

My name is Jocelyn and my LO Madelyn was born 11/28. She'll be 4 months next week! Cue tears. I am a SAHM but before LO was born I was a property claims adjuster for a big insurance company. I am 23 and my husband is 25 and we live in the DFW metroplex (that's Texas y'all :)) I would love to know if any of you ladies are in the area! Since we got started young, I don't really have any friends with babies so it has been great having this board for the past 4 months. I love reading about your darlings and learning new parenting tips and tricks. (If only I could get little miss to actually sleep somewhere other than my bed)

Anyway, that's my little intro. Those of you that are active on here, I'd love to hear more about you!

Re: hello!

• Nice to "meet" you! I am a SAHM as well. I became pregnant during my last semester of college, so I never had a full time job. We're the same age! I'm from Tennessee, but like half the Tennesseans I know basically consider themselves Texans, so... :-P

As a SAHM with no friends with babies, how do you typically spend your social time? Whenever my friends want to do stuff in the evenings, I can't because of Jane's bedtime. 
  • Jtk13Jtk13 member
    @gipfish nice to meet another southern lady!

what social time? Ha. I typically just spend time with DH in the evenings because LO goes down around 8. If we do stuff on the weekends I just take her with me! I used to be so nervous to take her to things in case she melted down but now we just try and if she hates it we leave, no big deal. Last weekend we went to an NBA game and she was a perfect angel (and she tends to be a difficult baby) 

A few times I have gone out with a friend in the evening and left LO with DH, so that's always an option too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! I'm Erica, Dominic was born 11/21. We live near Flint, MI. I'm a SAHM, but I used to be(and will again someday) an autism behavior analyst. I'm 28 and all my friends are career girls so I mostly talk to my sister now. I've only been a lurker here so much cause it took me months to figure out what my password was, lol. I'm gonna try and be more active here, so might as well introduce myself I guess.
  • Hi I'm Alana! I live in the DFW area too! My son was born 11/13 and he is just growing like a weed! I'm also a SAHM but I also go to college full time. It's a hand full trying to balance home and school. 
  • Hello, I'm Hope :) 
    I used to be semi active during the pregnancy but now I mostly lurk due to the over abundance of Dr appointments for both LO and I. 
    I'm from Illinois, currently a SAHM but that's about to change hopefully by the end of next month.
    I have a 3 year old daughter named Lena and a 4 month daughter named Payton both via C-section. 
  • I'm Laura I live in IN I used to try to post a lot but I've started back at work and don't have the time I used to have. I have a (almost) 3 year old and baby G was born Nov, 9. Due date baby!
  • Hey I'm Cayce 28 years old and mostly a lurker with a few random replys! I had my baby boy Nov. 8th induced on his due date. I live in the DFW area I never go out anymore just hang around the house with DH. I only have one friend with kids.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi , I'm Katrina. I mostly lurk too but comment sometimes :)
    I live in Calgary, Canada. My baby Benjamin was born November 17th and I have a 2.5 year son named Asher. Good to hear more about you guys and be on this board :)
  • Saramore10Saramore10 member
    edited March 2016
    Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm in PA but work a few hours a week. I'll be 23 this summer so I can relate there. Don't really have friends with kids either.  Enjoy getting to know other mommies! My son was born 11/9. 
  • Saramore10Saramore10 member
    edited March 2016
    My son was born 11/9 but my due date was 10/31. Sort of ironic with your dates! @skabanak