February 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday

we haven't done one in a while. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Wtf to my body . 6 weeks postpartum breast feeding exclusively and I think I'm starting my period! Why body why ! Worst cramps I've had in a very long time 
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF to my SIL being a total TW. She found out she was pregnant just before LO was born. She was so sick she as on IV home care. She ended up losing the baby. I am so sorry that they are going through this. But she is just down right mad at me for having a baby. She was pissed when she found out I was pregnant, pissed when they found out it was a girl, threw my BS shower to make herself looks good. She is just roses to her girlfriends having babies. But she's keeping my brother away from his niece. She seriously needs a throat punch.... with a baseball bat!!! I've asked him to come but he is so stuck with her. 
  • ShatzegirlShatzegirl member
    edited March 2016
    WTF to my son possibly having autism. :( just got home from his pediatrician I'm so overwhelmed and devastated right now... 

ETA: my son is 4 :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, WTF Victoria's Secret for that underwear design. Is it just me, or does the design make it look like she's hiding something down there?

• WTF to my son possibly having autism. :( just got home from his pediatrucian. I'm so overwhelmed and devastated right now... 
    I'm so sorry you're going through that :( I can't imagine. 

• @Shatzegirl ...I'm really sorry you are going through that. I have been having some questionable thoughts about my DD.  Would it be ok to private message you? I would be interested to share/compare experiences if you were willing. If not, that's completely ok. 
  • Karen249 said:
    @Shatzegirl ...I'm really sorry you are going through that. I have been having some questionable thoughts about my DD.  Would it be ok to private message you? I would be interested to share/compare experiences if you were willing. If not, that's completely ok. 
    Hi, yes it's totally ok to message me. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • VitaLuna said:
    WTF to my son possibly having autism. :( just got home from his pediatrucian. I'm so overwhelmed and devastated right now... 
    I'm so sorry you're going through that :( I can't imagine. 
    Thank you so much. <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @meg+on+the+DL  & @Shatzegirl I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through.  Shatzegirl what were the indicators this early of autism?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Shatzegirl and @meg+on+the+DL - I am so sorry you are faced with such a stressful and heartbreaking possibility.
    I was under the impression that markers for autism were not identifiable until 6 months so I am also wondering what your pediatrician red flagged so early.

edited March 2016
    @Shatzegirl and @meg+on+the+DL - I am so sorry you are faced with such a stressful and heartbreaking possibility.
    I was under the impression that markers for autism were not identifiable until 6 months so I am also wondering what your pediatrician red flagged so early.
    Thank you. <3 This was for my almost four year old son. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @meg+on+the+DL  & @Shatzegirl I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through.  Shatzegirl what were the indicators this early of autism?
    The appt was for my almost 4 year old son. I should've said that! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ok it's Thursday and not Wednesday but I need a vent. DD got sent home today saying she had a tummy ache and fever. 99.8 is not a fever!!!!!!!  She's home and fine wanting to play. We have a sock hop tonight at my oldest daughters school which I have made 2 dozen cupcakes for and poodle skirts and bought a ruffled poodle footie for the baby. I have to go to this dance but have no one to watch DD if she's still "sick". Wtf ofcourse when we have stuff todo and places to be then one of my kids is "sick". Ugh. 
  • WTF to my mom who keeps saying Inneed to leave DD (3.5wks) with her so H and I can go out to dinner or I can take DD1 (2.5yo) to coffee alone. Mind you, she's EBF and I haven't pumped any milk. When I tell her no way in hell I'd leave a newborn with no food, she says, "if she starts fussing, I'll just rock her until you get back. I raised two babies, you know". Uhh, no. Normal she's rational, but this is just stupid. 

• cvolkmarcvolkmar member
    edited March 2016
    @ShatzegirlI don't know your story and I'm definitely not a doctor, but this is what I do for a living. I work with kids from birth to 3rd grade with wide range of Special needs. I don't want to dismiss your doctor who is much more qualified and knows your kiddo, but it's very rare for a doctor to identify such a young kid/baby with autism, even if I kid is displaying "poster child" characteristics. I would consider a 2nd opinion, but regardless, it sounds like there are some concerns, so at the very least, consider early interventions (speech, ot, pt, etc. whatever your doctor or case manager may recommend). 
  • @Shatzegirl Ok, sorry. Im totally that person that didn't read all the comments before chiming in and offering my thoughts. Knowing its for your 4yo, I'm still sorry you're going through this and I still don't know your story. 4 year old boys are tricky, but often many states have a young child with a developmental delay identification. It still allows for your child to still get early intervention w/o being identified as autism and at 4, depending on your state, your local school district can complete an evaluation and provide services. 
    edited March 2016
    cvolkmar said:
    @Shatzegirl Ok, sorry. Im totally that person that didn't read all the comments before chiming in and offering my thoughts. Knowing its for your 4yo, I'm still sorry you're going through this and I still don't know your story. 4 year old boys are tricky, but often many states have a young child with a developmental delay identification. It still allows for your child to still get early intervention w/o being identified as autism and at 4, depending on your state, your local school district can complete an evaluation and provide services. 
    It's ok! I should've clarified that in my original post. I'll go back and edit it. :) Thank you for your thoughts! I sent in the school eval paperwork today and have referrals for OT and Speech therapy in the works. I'm also going to have him see a developmental pediatrician. I hope all of this will help him. I just want my little guy to be happy and healthy. My heart breaks for him seeing him struggle...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Shatzegirl I sent you a private message  :) 
  • WTF to my LO who has slept maybe a total of 1 hr today, and has spent the rest of the hours crying or eating... I feel like a crazy person today.
  • willkc said:
    WTF to my LO who has slept maybe a total of 1 hr today, and has spent the rest of the hours crying or eating... I feel like a crazy person today.
    Yep. This is mine too. And then he had a massive blowout all over himself and the carpet 
  • dtaded13 said:
    willkc said:
    WTF to my LO who has slept maybe a total of 1 hr today, and has spent the rest of the hours crying or eating... I feel like a crazy person today.
    Yep. This is mine too. And then he had a massive blowout all over himself and the carpet 
    Add me to the list. I'm dreading tonight with the way things have been going today. 

• @Shatzegirl my sisters son is going thru that as well. He has an ot therapist once a week and speech every other week. Both ladies have mentioned autism but also say it's too early to diagnosis (he's 2.5). But he has great therapists and my mom and I have seen a lot of improvement in his behavior, speech, eye contact, and more. He still has along way to go especially since my sister is very immature.(my mom watches him everyday so the therapy sessions are at her house). 
  • Karen249 said:
    @Shatzegirl I sent you a private message  :) 
    I'll check my inbox now! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • baya5 said:
    @Shatzegirl my sisters son is going thru that as well. He has an ot therapist once a week and speech every other week. Both ladies have mentioned autism but also say it's too early to diagnosis (he's 2.5). But he has great therapists and my mom and I have seen a lot of improvement in his behavior, speech, eye contact, and more. He still has along way to go especially since my sister is very immature.(my mom watches him everyday so the therapy sessions are at her house). 
    That's so great that you're seeing improvement!! I've heard good things about those therapies so I hope they'll help my little guy. 
    BabyFetus Ticker