1st Trimester

I'm going crazy

Okay ladies, I've been to the ER a lot since December of last year for random chest pains. They always tell me it's nothing to worry about. I have been having this weird dull ache in the middle of my chest tonight and with my anxiety, it freaks me out.. as does everything! I'm trying not to go to ER because they'll probably tell me the same thing. I called my on-call obgyn and he's going to set me up with a cardiologist. My question is, would you go back to the ER? Or does it sound like indigestion? For those that have has indigestion! I'm really thinking that might be what it is but I'm not sure! :( HELP

Re: I'm going crazy

• Yesterday? No.. Thursday :( and yes I did but he suggested it might be indigestion. But I'm not familiar with it and I'm just wondering if any of you ladies may be familiar with it and what it feels like to maybe ease my mind tonight. Like I said I talked to him again tonight and he just said he is going to schedule me with a cardiologist. I didn't ask all the questions I wanted because they said at my appt that they do that at my 13 week appt and I'm only 8 weeks 1 day
  • Loading the player...
  • First off I think you should talk to your doctor and your decision to go to the er is up to you. Ive actually gone to the er with severe chest pain a few years ago and they told me I have costochondritis. For me it felt weird to breathe and I had pains in my chest that went from a dull ache to a stabbing like feeling when I moved. I dont know if any doctors have talked to you about costochondritis but it may be worth asking about. Hope you feel better soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Probably indigestion. Feels like an ache or a cramp right in the middle of your chest. Also, I really am feeling deja vu on this post. I bet the search function would be very useful for this...
    I had super bad indigestion when I was I'm my 20's because I worked bad hours and often slept right after eating. I had to go on prescription meds for it. So, avoid eating and then laying right down. Take a walk before bed. Avoid red sauce, coffee, citrus... and take some Tums and relax. Prop your head up when you sleep. It might help to raise the head-side of the bed with bricks or something.
  • wkate10 said:
    First off I think you should talk to your doctor and your decision to go to the er is up to you. Ive actually gone to the er with severe chest pain a few years ago and they told me I have costochondritis. For me it felt weird to breathe and I had pains in my chest that went from a dull ache to a stabbing like feeling when I moved. I dont know if any doctors have talked to you about costochondritis but it may be worth asking about. Hope you feel better soon!
    Doesn't feel weird when I breathe and the dull ache is central, has been happening for about a week, only lasts for around 5-30 seconds. And seems to not happen all that much. I will ask about that though!! Thank you, it really helps! 
  • br0co1ii said:
    Probably indigestion. Feels like an ache or a cramp right in the middle of your chest. Also, I really am feeling deja vu on this post. I bet the search function would be very useful for this...
    I had super bad indigestion when I was I'm my 20's because I worked bad hours and often slept right after eating. I had to go on prescription meds for it. So, avoid eating and then laying right down. Take a walk before bed. Avoid red sauce, coffee, citrus... and take some Tums and relax. Prop your head up when you sleep. It might help to raise the head-side of the bed with bricks or something.
    I seem to post about chest pains a lot I know :( it's that stubborn anxiety in me! Uhg, thank you! That pretty much sounds exactly like what it is and I did lay down right after I ate, tums will help?! Will have to try those out until I get conformation from doc.. thank you!! Makes me feel a lot better actually, I've never had indigestion/bad heartburn or anything so I don't really know what to look for. Thank you all
  • It's interesting how you're making new posts but not responding to any of the questions we brought up for you in O16 about your conflicting statements about doctor's appointments.
    What? Please screenshot because I haven't conflicted them. I had one that was scheduled at the end of march, but it was to long for me to wait, so I went somewhere else last Thursday I believe at 7 wk 5 d. Then I had an appt yesterday but rescheduled because my ob was stuck in surgery. Is that better? 
  • It's interesting how you're making new posts but not responding to any of the questions we brought up for you in O16 about your conflicting statements about doctor's appointments.
    What? Please screenshot because I haven't conflicted them. I had one that was scheduled at the end of march, but it was to long for me to wait, so I went somewhere else last Thursday I believe at 7 wk 5 d. Then I had an appt yesterday but rescheduled because my ob was stuck in surgery. Is that better? 
    You posted a picture of an ultrasound with a ton of personal information on St. Patrick's Day, then the next day posted on a symptoms thread saying that your first appointment and ultrasound was on 3/19. Kinda fishy.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

You posted a picture of an ultrasound with a ton of personal information on St. Patrick's Day, then the next day posted on a symptoms thread saying that your first appointment and ultrasound was on 3/19. Kinda fishy.
    ton of personal info? It had my name -.- and that makes no sense because I had my ultrasound on the 17th, I'm sorry you're so worried about my dates, but I really don't see what even bringing this up is helping? Sometimes I get anxiety and I post a lot, it doesn't hurt anyone and all the ladies are usually okay with it and comment back helpful info, not saying you haven't been one of them. But I feel like you're trying to cause an argument and it kinda confuses me?¿?¿?¿?
  • Stop clogging up ER, go see a mental health professional. ER doctors tell you same thing because your a hyperchondriac, nothing is wrong means nothing is wrong. Whatever medication your taking for anxiety is not working. lol
  • You mentioned you have anxiety. When I had  anxiety attacks, I felt similar pressure on my chest. Do the episodes coincide with particular stressors? It could be that your anxiety symptoms have changed slightly. 
    Expecting Double Trouble, April 2016

• br0co1ii said:
    @babymamamegs your US pic had not only a real name, but the location of where it was done. Meaning anyone with ill intentions can find you. I highly advise you to fix that photo.

Also, if you check the symptoms thread, you will see what we are talking about regarding the conflicting statements you made. We are not necessarily trying to start an argument, but as @PeggyOlsonFTW pointed out, there are TONS of catfish on the Bump. You may be one. I may be one. Anyone may be one. This is why we take not revealing personal info very seriously, as well as being careful and watchful of what others post. Things have gotten bad in the past, and we are protective of not only ourselves, but the community. 
    I understand now, okay, I will go in and change my US picture, thank you. That makes so much more sense

• You mentioned you have anxiety. When I had  anxiety attacks, I felt similar pressure on my chest. Do the episodes coincide with particular stressors? It could be that your anxiety symptoms have changed slightly. 
    I know that it is possible but I also know that the pain is real, you know what I mean? I just really think it's indigestion. I do have chest pain from anxiety though

• Glow360 said:
    Stop clogging up ER, go see a mental health professional. ER doctors tell you same thing because your a hyperchondriac, nothing is wrong means nothing is wrong. Whatever medication your taking for anxiety is not working. lol
    I don't "clog up" the er, I went because I could have been having a heart attack or some other type of life threatening thing happening. And I don't take medicine anymore because the only thing I took was 2 mg valium and I can't anymore because I am pregnant. I don't feel the need to be on medication because I'm not that bad off, my anxiety is more focused on thinking every little thing is going to kill me. I've gotten to the point where now I can tell the different between anxiety and something actually being wrong. I would much rather naturally cope with it than take meds. But thank you for the suggestion :)

• Glow360 said:
    Stop clogging up ER, go see a mental health professional. ER doctors tell you same thing because your a hyperchondriac, nothing is wrong means nothing is wrong. Whatever medication your taking for anxiety is not working. lol
    I don't "clog up" the er, I went because I could have been having a heart attack or some other type of life threatening thing happening. And I don't take medicine anymore because the only thing I took was 2 mg valium and I can't anymore because I am pregnant. I don't feel the need to be on medication because I'm not that bad off, my anxiety is more focused on thinking every little thing is going to kill me. I've gotten to the point where now I can tell the different between anxiety and something actually being wrong. I would much rather naturally cope with it than take meds. But thank you for the suggestion :)
    If you don't want to take medication, I would really suggest trying at least a couple of sessions of therapy for this. This is a legitimate form of anxiety that requires treatment, and will likely only get worse with fluctuating hormones during pregnancy. You will experience random pains, not so random pains, in all different places, and you don't want to spend your entire pregnancy thinking the whole world is ending. 

I lurk. I snark. I offer sound advice if you're not BSC. You may not like me. I'm okay with it.