Infertility
Options

Any equestrians in the group?

Any other equestrians in this group? If so, are you riding at all during TWW? I didn't after my first IUI, but wanted to see what other people are doing? My RE said to avoid jarring movements like running after IUI, so I avoided it last month. They never specifically said don't ride, so now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to the same for this TWW.
Me: 29 DH: 28
Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
ttc #1 since July 2014
DX: unexplained infertility
Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any equestrians in the group?

• Options
    I am! Barrel racer here. I rode through my two IUIs, but now that I've moved to IVF I've stopped. There's so much money on the line this time I'm being very cautious. Also, with IVF they specifically tell you not to exercise, and that wasn't the case during IUI. But, I vote you ask your RE about riding, so you get peace of mind. 

Aren't horses just the best? :)
  • Options
    Yes, I have draft horses. I haven't been riding much because spring is so muddy where I live. I don't ride during stimming simply because my body is so uncomfortable, and will not ride at all after FET. If I did, and it didn't stick, I'd probably have a lot of "What if.."s about it so I'll just being doing ground work during that time :)

Spending time with my horses is one of the best ways to take my mind off of all things IF related :)
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I think I'll hold off again. My horse actually lives 1 1/2 hours away near my parents house, and my sister rides him to keep him in shape, so it's not like he's not getting any exercise. I do dressage with him. He's an old thoroughbred off the track and he's just the best. I'll be happy just to hang out with him this weekend even if I don't ride (he will probably prefer that haha!) My sister warned me that he is one giant ball of mud, so I feel you on the yucky spring mud @calfherder! And I agree, he is a great escape from all things IF!
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker