October 2015 Moms
Options

Terrified of car mirror

For the longest time we didn't have a mirror on the headrest in the back seat of our car because we could never find one that fit properly and allowed us to see LO from the front. I finally found one that works well, and I thought LO would love it because it's colorful, has these little stuffed fireflies on it, flashes different color lights, and plays music. He HATES it. And I mean hates it. I think the stuffed fireflies on the bottom scare him to death. I put it up in the parking lot when I bought it the other day, and he wailed the whole way home (he usually loves the car). Cried yesterday morning during our commute. This morning when DH and I took him to run errands I had to sit in the back with him because he was, again, screaming. Took him out by myself this afternoon and he screamed bloody murder to and from our destination. Looks like this one is going straight into the trash! Lol! Does your LO have any toys that scare him/her?

Re: Terrified of car mirror

• Options
    Could you let him play with the mirror in the house so knows the fireflies aren't scary? No scary toys yet but the dog got excited and barked at her yesterday and it took me about10 minutes to calm her down remind her she loves her doggy!
  • Options
    amarie1504amarie1504 member
    edited March 2016
    Tried a plain mirror instead. Instant screams. I guess we will just stick with not having one. He loves mirrors in the house, but apparently he does not enjoy them on the headrest of the car. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Motion sickness maybe?