High-Risk Pregnancy

Trisomy 18 - Confirmed

We found out on June 25th that our sweet baby boy has Trisomy 18.  We chose not to do the amnio, since the MaterniT21 results were 99.6% accurate and our little guy has a Choroid Plexus Cyst and clenched hands in ultrasound.  I am currently 26wks and he's doing really well :)  We have chosen to love him and enjoy every day that we have left with him, knowing that our time is limited.  We play him music, read books, and try to celebrate his life as best we can.  Has anyone out there been through this?  

Re: Trisomy 18 - Confirmed

• I'm so sorry. I lost my first pregnancy to trisomy 13, but didn't know why until after the fact. Praying for you and your family. It's heartbreaking news, but it sounds like you're doing everything you can to enjoy your pregnancy and I'm sure he feels happy and loved in there. Thinking of you.
  • Thank you PlainJane8350!  I'm sorry to hear of your loss :(  I feel very thankful that we found out about his condition so we could prepare ourselves and our daughter (8yrs).  It's one day at a time but he is our little blessing and we're still so happy that he is a part of our family!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow fostermomma you are a strong and inspiring woman. We danced a little too closely with trisomy 18 this pregnancy.

I think that you've made an amazing decision. Bless you and your baby boy. He's got some amazing parents :D
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Prayers for you and your family and your great attitude. ❤️
  • So sorry to hear this. It sounds like you are an incredible and brave mommy to this sweet boy! Thinking of you and your family!

• Still thinking of you and keeping you guys in my prayers, I hope you guys are reading some good books and jamming out over there!
  • O.M.G, that's so funny. He is a little young to appreciate anything classic, tell your husband not to take it personally.
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited September 2015

I just wanted to post an update that our baby boy is still doing great!  I am 32 weeks and he is developing beautifully.  We are hopeful that I will carry to 37 weeks and have some time with him once he is born.  God is good and we are so grateful for our son!

You're very inspiring. I truly wish you & your family the best.
  • That's such a good ultrasound! He looks amused in there, the lullabies must be keeping him entertained. ;)
  • He's adorable! There's a wonderful family on Facebook- Emma's trisomy 18 journey- if you're in a place you want to check it out I recommend it. We had a T18 scare and I looked to her page a lot for comfort.
  • ewhitledge - thanks for the info...i'll check it out!
  • I checked it out and that little girl is amazing!!
  • I've been wondering about my little friend, congratulations! He is handsome although...you didn't tell me that he was an LSU fan. Looks like we'll have some rivalry come Thanksgiving.

Who am I kidding, his team's gonna win.
  • That made me giggle :) He's been an LSU fan since he was in the womb!
  • That little stinker. Well, he and Gwen can be friends until Thanksgiving. She's a gracious loser, thanks to Alabama and Ole Miss I've had a chance to find that out. What's his name anyway?!
  • Ha! His name is Julian :)
  • Tell him that Gwen is happy to make his aquantance...and I'm glad you guys are doing well. Congratulations!
  • He couldn't have had a better mom. Crying a mixture of happy and sad tears. I'll be thinking of you guys tonight and many nights to come.
  • You are a wonderful and inspiring parents. I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy you were able to make the most of your time together. Julian was a beautiful boy. Prayers to your family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The picture you posted of you holding your little one is so touching and beautiful. I am so sorry Julian passed. He has the greatest gift in having you as his mother @fostermomma and I am amazed by your strength and resiliency since finding out the challenges you would face. I am thankful you had your brief but meaningful time with him and that his short stay on this earth was with someone as wonderful as you. You are truly one of a kind, as is little Julian. I hope that you and your family will always cherish this and, in time, heal from his passing. Your story is incredibly inspiring and I wish you peace and comfort during this difficult time.
  • I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Your little boy is perfect and I know the days you had with him were such a treasure. I cannot imagine the pain that is left behind after an experience like that. Praying for you and your family.
  • Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your story has been so inspiring. Praying for you.
  • This is so touching. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Lots of love.
  • I am incredibly sorry for your loss.
  • Your grace is inspiring. Julian is blessed to have had you.
  • Julian was beautiful, and so are you for loving every second of his existence. God bless you and yours! <3
    Dec 2014 - CP
    Feb 2015 - No hb 8wks
    July 2015 - CP
    Aug 2015 - CP
    RPL Tests: PAI-1 4g/4g, Heterozygous MTHFR C677T, Vit D Deficiency, Chromosome 9 inversion
    January 1, 2016 - CP. Heartbroken and feeling helpless. :(
    July 2017 - Finally!! FINALLY!! Our GORGEOUS baby girl was born on 7-15-17. Miracles do happen!! 

• @kickassi78 - Thank you for your kind words, and know that you are on my heart today.  I will pray for answers and peace. There was an 8 year gap between my daughter and Julian...8 years of feeling that conception was impossible.  But God had other plans and after fostering two little boys for over a year, I became pregnant.  I have no idea what He has planned for me in the future, but I know that I have to trust Him to carry me to/through it.  Every one of the babies you carried will hug your neck one day, I promise :)  Don't give up hope!
  • Amazing! Congratulations!
  • Congrats on your rainbow! I just lost my daughter 5 weeks ago to stillbirth. She had trisomy 18.
  • Oh congrats momma<3

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cmillar36  I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.  I know that your little princess is made whole and perfect, but it doesn't take the pain away.  I'll be thinking about you and your baby girl.  What is her name?  
  • You are an inspiration and I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your outlook is phenomenal and I'm sending you light and love <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So happy for you! <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers