February 2016 Moms

Nightmares?

Harrison is 5 weeks old and this morning as he was napping next to me, he jerked, opened his eyes in a panic, and started screaming like he'd been pinched. Is it possible that he had a nightmare? Anyone else experience this?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Nightmares?

• Definitely have had that. It usually happens when she fell asleep while eating. If I'm not doing anything I'll just leave her where she is (basically using my boob as a pillow lol). She'll wake up suddenly and just scream. It's the weirdest thing
  • Yup baby will fall asleep at the boob and no sooner then 10 min wake up hysterical. it was alarming at first having no idea what set him off. Now we just chuck it up to #babythings 
  • Loading the player...
  • When my LO wakes up screaming I know that her nap is not over and she has just been startled out of sleep so I try to get her back to sleep. It works some of the time.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My little guy has done that also, and screams bloody murder like someone is cutting his toes off.... I assumed his was gas. 
  • @paytonpedro that's exactly what it was like. Like he was in severe pain. I picked him up and he went right back to sleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh yes LO has been doing this more and more it's really freaking me out I'm glad I'm not the only one 
  • smn14smn14 member
    Yeh, my LO cries in her sleep, I always get up and start readying myself to feed at night, then realise she is asleep again ! I wonder what their nightmares consist of....milk running out perhaps!!! 
  • smn14 said:
    Yeh, my LO cries in her sleep, I always get up and start readying myself to feed at night, then realise she is asleep again ! I wonder what their nightmares consist of....milk running out perhaps!!! 
    I always wonder what they could possibly be dreaming or having nightmares of lol especially when you're still pregnant and they have REM sleep
  • smn14 said:
    My husband and I always joke that his nightmares are that my boobs dry out...I can't imagine what else!
  • Yup, happened to us this morning! I've also noticed she will have happy dreams where she makes happy noises. I actually asked DH last night what he thought she was dreaming about! 
  • My LO has done that a few times and gone right back to sleep, but the other times have been gas. She has the most ear piercing gas shriek when she's asleep.

Like PP, I've also caught my LO laughing and smiling in her sleep. It cracks me up! I was laughing and woke her up yesterday and she just gave me the death glare. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• smn14smn14 member
    I love the smily sleep! 
  • willkc said:
    smn14 said:
    My husband and I always joke that his nightmares are that my boobs dry out...I can't imagine what else!
    Mine says all the boobies are running away and LO can't catch 'em! :wink: