January 2016 Moms

Weekend TW Edition

Let it all out ladies!

I am in a legal battle with my mother and it took her almost a month to respond to my lawyer serving her papers. I am upset because DH and I have a to now cough up a good chunk of money and I am not off of maternity leave yet. Blah!

Also this morning at 5am so lady thought it was a great idea to come pound on someones door in our apartment building. She pounded on their door for 30 minutes. She stopped for 30 minutes and then started pounding again. So DH and I called the cops. We are not the only people with kiddos in this building and she woke up DD2! The cops made her leave. She didn't live here and other people also complained. Hopefully she never comes back!

Re: Weekend TW Edition

• My freezer! I lost over 1,400 oz of pumped breast milk! I cried and hooked myself up to the pump for awhile! I go back to work Monday! Such bad timing! Ugh! 
  • @amandavan83 omg. I think all of us would have cried
  • Loading the player...
  • @amandavan83 omg I want to cry for you. 
  • @amandavan83 so sorry for your loss. That sucks so bad!!!! :(
  • I've gone from 2 weeks of on and off crippling migraines to now getting a nasty upper respiratory infection... with migraines. How nice of my boys (toddler and SO) to share their gems. 

The new house is also ready for us to move in, but we've all been too sick to pack anything. 
  • We took LO to church for the second time ever and a man in the pew next to us was asking about the baby then decided to tell us his has shingles right now. Really dude? Get away from my 8 week old. We do not need chicken pox this young. 
  • Little girl would NOT sleep in her own bed last night. Didn't want in the sling or the ergo carrier or the swing or the vibrating napper or any ofthethings that usually work to get herto sleep when nursing/rocking doesn't work.
    So guess where she slept! My bed. I had all the covers off the bed and the heat crainked (its still 30-40 here at night)
    I've tried the cry it out method. That girls got lungs and it just doesn't work on her. To much of her mother. Haha.
  • My mom is from a huge family and my grandmother is in the end stages of her fight with cancer. Everyone has congregated and wants to hold DS, but then expect him to sit quietly and don't pay attention to him/bounce/pat him. I just don't like him being passed around so casually and then called back every five seconds when he starts to fuss because they don't know how to comfort him. Also, DS is a spitter and they act like its my fault that he drooled on them even though I give them a burp cloth every time they reach for him. huge families and fussy babies don't mix. 
  • @amandavan83, I am so sorry!! That's a lot of hard work!!

Friday night, DS was up every  hour and a half to two hours. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep. I was dead tired by morning! You would think that DH would offer to take him out to the living room and let me get some sleep but no. He rolls over and goes back to sleep! Later that afternoon I went into town to buy a swing 2nd hand off a local fb resell page, and decided to go by myself. This was the first time I was leaving DS but I wasn't nervous since I was leaving him with DH. I was almost happy to see how DH would do when I wasn't there to help or tell him what to do. Let him see what it's like to take care of him on his own. I got home 2 hours later and DS slept the entire time! Of course that would happen.
  • klbhklbh member
    edited March 2016
    My landlord says we have to get rid of the portable washer in our apartment. That means using the huge, expensive machines in the basement ($5 total to wash and dry each load). We'll have to stop cloth diapering--washing would be twice as pricy as disposables, plus the ick factor for our neighbors--and i'll have to run up and down two flights of stairs rather than just running a load in our apartment and hanging it to dry whenever I have a moment. Such a hassle. 
  • Becky012016Becky012016 member
    edited March 2016
    klbh said:
    My landlord says we have to get rid of the portable washer in our apartment. That means using the huge, expensive machines in the basement ($5 total to wash and dry each load). We'll have to stop cloth diapering--washing would be twice as pricy as disposables, plus the ick factor for our neighbors--and i'll have to run up and down two flights of stairs rather than just running a load in our apartment and hanging it to dry whenever I have a moment. Such a hassle. 
    What was the reasoning for making you get rid of a portable appliance? It's not a fire hazard and it's no different than a dishwasher. Also, if your lease doesn't expressly forbid you from using the appliance in your apartment I don't think the landlord can legally make you get rid of it. The landlord is probably just money hungry and is missing out on you doing your laundry in your apartment complex for $5/load. 
  • klbhklbh member
    He's totally money hungry, but it turns out the lease does forbid it, so he's on solid legal ground :(
  • That really sucks  :/