Baby Names

Does this name age well?

I was just curious if ppl think Chloe ages well or not?

Re: Does this name age well?

• I think it ages fine. It's not a name that sounds forever 5.
  • I have always thought this was a very young sounding name.
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it ages fine. I really like Chloe!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I love that name.  It wouldn't work with our last name, otherwise I'd use it in a heartbeat!  
  • It does have youthful sound to it but I can still see it on an adult. 
  • I can see a young adult Chloe.  Hard to imagine a mom or grandma Chloe but by the time she is that old she would not be the only one.  It doesn't sound like a forever-child like some of the other names out there.
  • breezycat said:
    It does have youthful sound to it but I can still see it on an adult. 
    Ditto this. 

I personally love the name and regretted giving it to my pug when I found out I was pregnant with a girl lol
  • Honestly, it gives me a toddler vibe. But I agree that it wont seem thay way once she gets older. It's been popular for a while and all those Chloe's are going to age and the name will age with them.
  • I think it sounds a little young personally. Lacks a certain gravitas that you want when you're older.
  • My niece is a Chloe and I just don't like the name for a human.  It forever sounds like a dog or cat's name.  I really don't think it ages well at all.  It was cute enough when she was a toddler, but since then it just doesn't fit.  
  • I think it sounds young. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I think it sounds a little young personally. Lacks a certain gravitas that you want when you're older.
    this
  • I think it sounds youthful, but not childish, if that makes sense. I have no trouble imagining Chloe at ages 2-25, it's post-graduate adult and middle-aged Chloe I have trouble envisioning. I do feel like it will probably work itself out, though, as by the time she's 40, there will be a bunch of similarly-aged Chloes around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I think it's fine. 
  • Too foo-foo and cloying for me.  Don't care for it even on a toddler and less so on an adult woman.  I'd like it on a cat or a poodle.  Just nms.

• Agree about it sounding fine up til about 30 then sounding "young".

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's been around for hundreds of years so obviously it's withstood the test of age and time.
  • It's been around for hundreds of years so obviously it's withstood the test of age and time.
    This. So much this.

A good friend's grandmother was named Chloe so that's my association with the name.
  • Given its popularity I think it will age ok. And it has been around forever. 
  • I probably would've thought so but after watching Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23 on Netflix I can see it on an adult too! I like it!