September 2015 Moms
Options

Biopsy-scared

So I went to have my annual check up and came out of my Drs office having her telling me where I got my episiotomy is blue. She can't tell me what's wrong but that I need to have a biopsy done to rule out Melanoma/cancer because she hasn't seen it before. Has anyone heard of this? I'm freaking out because if my obgyn has never seen or heard of this what are the odds it's serious? I also have to wait until Friday to get my biopsy and my insurance is saying it's not claiming me so I might have to wait even longer to have the biopsy done. Any thoughts advice or comments? Needing to share with people who understand how scary this is with a 6 month old as a FTM. 

Re: Biopsy-scared

• Options
    camaguire21camaguire21 member
    edited March 2016
    I had a biopsy done on a mole about a month ago that looked like melanoma. Honestly the likelihood of it being cancerous is very low. It's a good thing she is being cautious and having it tested! Try not to stress (I know easier said then done) but I'll be thinking of you! 
  • Options
    Perhaps it's the way the tissue healed? Scar tissue or the way the blood circulates?
    Telling you to stay calm isn't fair but perhaps when your mind goes scary places try and redirect your thoughts. Focus on your baby and keep really active with him/her. 
    im sorry this is happening to you. Hang in there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with this, but just want to say good luck, and I'm thinking of you.
  • Options
    I had to have uterine biopsies done when I was 19 and the wait is scary. It's the worst part because of all those unknown potentials. But everything was fine and I'm sure everything will be fine with yours too. It's a good thing that your Dr is being extra cautious, but I would think that it would be practically unheard of to have an initial melanoma growth in that area. 

I'm not going to tell you not to worry, but don't loose sight of the fact that the odd are really low and there are probably a million other much more commonand not serious  reasons your site is blue such as decreased circulation to the area or minor tissue damage. 

Please keep us updated. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. 
  • Options
    Thank you, I love this place. I always feel safe knowing I have other women to support me. Again thank you, updates will come
  • Options
    I actually had to have surgery to have a large portion of my cervix removed because of cancerous cells. This was my first baby, too. I might not be able to carry another baby anymore. We won't know until we try. I found all this out 6 weeks after giving birth. Then had biopsies, then surgery while having an 10 week old. Scared the hell out of me, and still does. I told the doctor I didn't want the surgery until I had one more baby, and he said it was such a rare and aggressive strain that I might not live long enough to have another baby. He said my son deserved a mommy and highly suggested If I want to live, to have the surgery NOW. I didn't realize how serious it was until that point. No regrets here. My LO does deserve a mother!!! I hold on to those positive thoughts of being healthy now. My son saved my life. I wouldn't have known that was there unless I was pregnant. I hadn't had a yearly exam in about 4 years. I only had one done because I was pregnant and gave birth, and they needed one on file. Your story is far from over. Think positive. So much of life is mental. Don't allow the negative to creep in.