Baby Names
Options

Other options to Evelyn...

My husband is dead set on Evelyn. However I think it's become way too popular. What are some close other options? Also, we are having twins and do not know the sexes yet. What's a good sib set with Evelyn?

Re: Other options to Evelyn...

• Options
    Elenor? 
  • Options
    Is Evelyn your style?  Aside from being too trendy, what is it that you about the name?  What is your last name like?  A little more information may be helpful in making recommendations but I am just going to throw out some.

Some alternatives to Evelyn:
    Elaine
    Cora
    Daphne
    Charlotte
    Sybil
    Vivian
    Laurel 
    Beryl
    Abigail
    Camilla
    Violet
    Corinne 
    Claudia
    Ivy
    Lillian
    Celeste
    Helena
    Blair
    Maren
    Emilia
    Emmeline
    Eloise
    Eleanor
    Elyse 

I think many of these names could potentially go with Evelyn if you have twin girls (I'd avoid pairing it with Lillian, Ivy, and any of the other E names).  Here are some suggestions for a boy/girl twinset:
    Evelyn and Grant
    Evelyn and Thomas
    Evelyn and Colin
    Evelyn and Charlie (nn for Charles)
    Evelyn and Henry
    Evelyn and Andrew
    Evelyn and James
    Evelyn and Daniel
    Evelyn and William
    Evelyn and Noah
    Evelyn and Zachary
    Evelyn and Seth
    Evelyn and Joshua
    Evelyn and Simon
    Evelyn and Lucas
    Evelyn and Liam
    Evelyn and Vincent
    Evelyn and Graham
    Evelyn and Miles
    Evelyn and Duncan

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AndiPandi127AndiPandi127 member
    edited February 2016
    Evelyn is extremely popular all of the sudden, but it's a pretty name. Does he like Roslyn or Eliza? Those have a similar feel in my mind.

For sibset with Evelyn, I like Clara, Margot, Laurel, or Anna. Those are the first ones that come to mind.

ETA: Didn't realize you didn't know the sexes - all the above boy suggestions are great. I particularly like Evelyn and Simon.
  • Options
    megframe16megframe16 member
    edited February 2016
    Sorry should have gone into more detail! We have two boys currently - Nathan and Jared. 
    Last name is in my user name. 
    For boys names we are considering 
    Declan 
    William
    Gabriel
    George
    most likely with the middle name Paul (family name)
    Evelyn is my style but I also try not to go for the popular names. 
    I do love: 
    Vivian
    Lorelei
    Elodie
    Caroline

• Options
    I love all of your choices, especially Lorelei and Caroline. The male form of Gabrielle is Gabriel - pretty sure the "elle" ending is feminine.
  • Options
    Yes! Sorry was typing too fast! Thank you @AndiPandi127
  • Options
    Yvonne reminds me of Evelyn (and can have NN Evie) and I don't think it's terribly common.
  • Options
    I think it's really popular right now - lots of Evelyn, Ellie's, Eleanor's, Elle's, Elsa's, etc 
  • Options
    @megframe16 we have similar tastes for our twin names. :) I also like Evelyn, but it is so popular. Other girl names on our list are Claire/Clara, Caroline, Emmaline, Mila, Callie. I also like Elena, Cadence, Rosalie/Rosalyn, Ivy. I love the name Vivian on your list (my good friends daughter is Vivian so that is out for me). Lorelei is pretty and unique, one you don't hear very often. I like it with Vivian also if you were to have 2 girls! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We chose Evelyn before we knew it was so popular.... Other suggestions I thought of too late (and parrot a few others here) are Elise, Elena, Eliza - if you are looking for E's!
  • Options
    Evelyn is dhs favorite here too, and I like it as well.  I also love Stella, Elle, Blair, Vivian and would love to use Caroline but dhs sister is Carolyn and he thinks they are too close.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Marilyn?
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Marilyn
    Marian
    Agnes
    Beatrice/Beatrix
    Dorothy
    Ruth
    Joan
    Marjorie
    Sybil

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the name Everly!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I also liked Evelyn but because of the popularity thought Evelina/Evalina might be a good substitute. 
  • Options
    Everly, Eliza, Ellianna, Ava, Eva
  • Options
    What about Jocelyn?  It's my MIL's name but I still think it's pretty haha :smile: 
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    Evie, Elle, Eleanor, Ester, Evangeline, Eva