Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weekend "After Dark"

Feel free to answer some or all of the questions or even add your own to the thread! 

Lingerie or completely naked?

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them?

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring?

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? 

Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: August 2014
TTC #1 Since March 2015
Diagnosed with PCOS March 2016
SA results normal April 2016
3 rounds clomid + trigger + TI = BFN
3 rounds clomid + trigger + IUI = BFN
Uterine polyp removed July 2017
Round 1 IVF January 2018

Re: Weekend "After Dark"

• Options
    Oooo fun! 

Lingerie or completely naked?  Usually in the buff

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them?  Not really.  The closest is that I like it rough sometimes and DH happliy obliges. 

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring?  Definitely vanilla.  You ladies have opened my eyes to a whole new world of sexy time.  I'm much more open to trying new things since finding this board haha.  

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time?  Girl's gotta take care of herself from time to time. :wink: 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lingerie or completely naked? I do both! It usually starts out with lingerie.. He usually removes all of it by the end.

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? I do, but I wouldn't really call them fantasies. More like.. Wish we could do more daring stuff.

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring? I'm more daring than he is, flbut he does have little... fetishes that are quite dirty and unique! I am into S&M, but he's not at all. Poor handcuffs and restraints have gone unused pretty much!

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? I have a higher sex drive than him, so I do need to take care of myself from time to time ;) but it makes it worse, because I only want him more!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    lcsrva said:
    Who was it that said you shouldn't marry the best lay you've ever had?  Totally right.  The best sex I've ever had was with a total nut job.  
    Oh man. I've never heard this but I couldn't agree more. Best sex was with a total sociopath I dated for a year. He lives in Singapore now but he's such a trainwreck to be with that girls he's dated there have tracked me down on the Internet to find someone to vent to because he cheated on them. Would never go back.
  • Options
    Lingerie or completely naked? I don't really have much lingerie, but I do have a lot of costume wear that I've picked up in sex shops... which admittedly sounds like I'm a furry or something. 

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? I was into the idea of BDSM. A couple of years ago, I was visiting Sweden and had a one-night stand with a friend there who was also into it, more the S&M than the bondage and realized pretty quickly that I wasn't really into the S&M aspects. I still have a lot of rope and tape that OH and I break out once in a while though ;)

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring? Probably way more vanilla in recent years. Not to say it's boring--it's just harder to keep up with being aggressively sexual when you're in your 30s I think. 

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? Definitely have to have me time to make orgasms a thing. 
  • Options
    Lingerie or completely naked? Completely naked. I bought lingerie last year and have yet to wear it. 

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? Yes and yes. Mostly with earlier partners but DH has made an attempt on occasion. He sticks to the basics in the bedroom. Hell, I asked him what position he wanted for his birthday and he couldn't pick one.

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring? I'm much more daring but have definitely calmed down with DH. Probably for the best. Publicly HIO and hoping not to get caught is probably not my smartest moment.

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? I definitely take care of myself from time to time. Sometimes it's not even that it doesn't happen during sex, but its just a different kind of pleasure.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I like the idea of lingerie but rarely wear it. DH and I are more half clothes on half off kind of people lol

Not really...except doing it in a public place like a library or something. Haven't acted on it....I should get on that ;)

I'm pretty vanilla...DH is way more daring than I am. I'm trying to be more interesting lol

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? 
    I never orgasm unless I do it myself. It actually frustrates us both a lot. I don't know why. :(
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    YAY! After dark!

I have no problem with lingerie, but we tend to just go with the whole naked thing. :)

Yes and yes!

I'm not the most daring by any means, but I'm not a prude either. DH and I are pretty well matched as far as preferences go.

Honestly, DH and I prefer those together, so the only time I really bother taking care of myself is when he is away on TDYs or deployments.
  • Options
    lcsrva said:
    Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? I'd never get any sleep if I didn't take matters into my own hands sometimes.
    Yes! 9/10 I go to bed well before DH and some me time often helps me get to sleep!
    Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? Yes and yes. Mostly with earlier partners but DH has made an attempt on occasion. He sticks to the basics in the bedroom. Hell, I asked him what position he wanted for his birthday and he couldn't pick one.
    Darn indecisive husbands. Mine is the same way. We have about 4 "go to" positions, but trying to get him to actually say what he wants is like pulling teeth!

Lingerie or completely naked? Usually completely naked. Occasionally lingerie but it's always off by the time we get down to business.

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? Not really. Generally I am a very unimaginative person and that extends to the bedroom.

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring? Vanilla, which does not translate to boring or unsatisfying in my books.

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time?  I'd say it's a pretty even split between the two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me:27
    Him:31
    Married: Sept'15
    TTC#1: Jan'16
    PCOS Dx: Apr'16
    BFP #1: Jul'16
    DS Born: Mar'17
  • Options
    Naked!

Yes and some of them. 

More daring and so is DH. We're both game for almost anything once in the bedroom.

For those who want fun ideas or a way to kind of "stoke the fires" there's an app my old therapist told me about called Kindu. Basically you select your interests (some things would be considered "vanilla," some more romantic, and others are downright raunchy). SO downloads the app, pairs with you, and does the same thing. When you both choose yes on an activity (say HIO in a public place) it shows up in your matches and you can talk about it. I don't really have an issue sharing what I want to try but it was really fun to use to get new ideas.

Definitely appreciate my alone time but I feel it makes me more fired up for DH. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    canavara said:
    lcsrva said:
    Who was it that said you shouldn't marry the best lay you've ever had?  Totally right.  The best sex I've ever had was with a total nut job.  
    Oh man. I've never heard this but I couldn't agree more. Best sex was with a total sociopath I dated for a year. He lives in Singapore now but he's such a trainwreck to be with that girls he's dated there have tracked me down on the Internet to find someone to vent to because he cheated on them. Would never go back.
    Yes yes yes!!! Best sex I've had was a guy I dated for 4 years and was completely head over heels for but was also completely lied to, cheated on, and manipulated by. My sex life is far more vanilla and calm now but I'm so much happier. I was just talking to someone at work about him. Thank God I left that mess. Thank God I found my husband shortly thereafter. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Feel free to answer some or all of the questions or even add your own to the thread! 

Lingerie or completely naked?  Completely naked! I can't find lingerie that I like enough... big boobs make it hard to find super cute stuff

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them?  Not really! I've had some things I've wanted to try but totally too embarrassed to tell my hubs

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring?  I'm more daring for sure Buuuut DH is more vanilla. Which is fine, we have awesome sex

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? Like @nwegman7878 said, it's a different kind of pleasure that I enjoy. I love masturbating. I wish more people were open about it. 
  • Options
    I love love love being naked. Im always naked in my house unless Im cooking or cleaning. Im almost an aspiring nudist.

DH and I come from a really backwoods town, so we've had sex in every car hes ever owned, and we like to park in places that are almost exposed but not quite. We have a smartcar now and man it feels like tetris sometimes.

I consider us very vanilla in our actions compared to our tastes in "adult entertainment".

When we were teens I would only O with myself and needed a lot of time taking care of myself. Now that I have about a 95% O rate with DH, I almost never have "me time".
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options

Lingerie or completely naked? Naked. I like lingerie sometimes but my husband says he likes it but never really actually shows it. So since I don't really get a reaction I rarely wear it. 

I have some fantasies and some I've acted on and some I haven't and probably never will. I know my husband never would but even if I wasn't married I don't think I would. 

I'm more daring but h is more vanilla. So I've now become pretty vanilla. It's interesting to see how many here are the same. 

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? I take time for myself sometimes. It's something knenjoy doing by myself sometimes. I enjoy sex but it's nice on my own occasionally 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Lingerie or completely naked? DH would prefer lingerie, it depends on my mood, sometimes I'm just more comfy naked.

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? Indeed & yes, DH ensures I'm taken care of in my weirdo ways lol! 

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring? You know this is is a good one, I would say in my 20s I was much more daring & out there than I am now. My DH is like WTF hahahaha, because I'm much more vanilla now that I'm with him (IDK WHY) but he's most definitely the more daring one these days. I should work on that ;) 

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time? In other relationships I 100% needed me time, lately DH & I have been BDing like "WHOA" in our TTC journey so I haven't felt the need. 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Options
    Such a fun thread! 

Lingerie or completely naked?  A little of both. Try to mix it up and I have a great lingerie collection :wink: 

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them?  Yes and yes. 

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring?  More daring.  I'm  a Scorpio lol. But I think like anyone who's been together for more than 10 yrs there's some vanilla in there sometimes. But it's one of many flavours. 

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time?  Like PPs, I have a bigger sex drive than DH so I take matters into my own hands. Toys are fun! 
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• Options
    Lingerie or completely naked? Both.  But I prefer to be completely naked most of the time. 

Do you have any fantasies? Have you ever acted on them? Yes and yes.  There are a few that we have that we probably will never act out, but we enjoy talking about them.  

Are you more vanilla in the bedroom or more daring?  I am probably more daring still, but DH has definitely become more daring as well.

Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time to time?  I take care of myself from time to time, but it is more rare these days.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

A bit of both. DH loves it when I dress up, but I generally prefer to be naked.

Yes, and yes. There are a few I would like to try still.

DH is very vanilla. I am definitely a more daring, adventurous type.

Neither. Thanks to coital cephalalgia, orgasm is generally avoided if I can help it.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Stupid Mobile double post.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I love my Lingerie, but since having L none fits.  :'(
    I do, we have some but not many.
    We are pretty evenly matched with mostly 'go tos' but they aren't the common ones.
    Are orgasms strictly reserved for time with your SO or do you take care of yourself from time?
    I used to, but now that we use toys +95% I don't need or want to.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well.