Pregnant after a Loss

Moving on over (hopefully for 9 months)

hey everyone! I'm Lauren and I'm mostly on the ttcal boards. Well, I was pretty certain AF was coming because I was crabby and angry, but then it didn't happen, so I took a hpt last night and got a bfp (and by bfp I mean, there technically was a super light line, but a line is a line so I'll take it)! 

Ive had 2 previous losses both in the 6-7 wk range within the past 7 months. So needless to say, emotions are high. At first, I ran down stairs with the hpt to tell my husband and he confirmed that there was a super faint line as well. We were super excited. Then I had about 15 minutes of neutrality, then cried myself to sleep at the thought of another potential loss. On top of that, DH will be taking a business trip for 2 weeks to China in my 6-8 wk range and that scares the hell out of me to be alone during the time where I might mc. I'm trying to be an optimist, but I have no children so far (sans my fur baby), so my pregnancy experiences haven't been positive. 

Thanks for reading. I'm hoping I'll be on this board for a long long time. 

Re: Moving on over (hopefully for 9 months)

• Welcome! I am also pregnant after 2 losses. It's so scary but I'm currently 26 weeks! My best advice is talk to your ob about your concerns and just try and enjoy today because today you are pregnant :)
  • Welcome!  This has been a great place for me to get support.  Lots of wonderful ladies with different experiences to share.  We have a weekly check in that starts each Monday too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!!!  I'm sorry for your losses. I had two before my first rainbow baby. Hopefully this third time will be your charm, too!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats! I hope this is your sticky baby!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Welcome and congrats! I think I remember you from TTCAL... You changed your username recently, right? Anyway, I hope this is your take home baby, and this board has been a great support for me in the few weeks I've been here.
  • Welcome! Wishing you the stickiest baby and a H&H 9 months!
  • Welcome and congratulations!!  Feel free to lean on us during the time your husband is gone.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Congratulations! This is an excellent place for support. It has really helped me so far this pregnancy. Wishing you a H&H 9 months!
  • Welcome and hope for a healthy and happy pregnancy!!
  • @RiverSong15 yes I did change my username! I was formally boots&co but the "&" threw off my profile. So I reverted back to my knot username. 

Thanks everyone! I don't have tons on symptoms yet, which is scary (because I'm convinced it isn't going to work out), hoping for just a little bit of nausea or something to feel good about it today. 
  • Welcome!!! @LaurenDarling !! So many TTCAL folks this month!
  • zrainzrain member
    Yay @LaurenDarling! @chloe97 I agree, there are so many of us. It's awesome!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    Married 9/27/14
    TTC #1 since 8/15/15
    BFP: 1/2/16, EDD 9/13/16 - MMC 2/10/16
    BFP: 3/17, EDD 11/23/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

November 2016 April Siggy Challenge - April Showers

• Welcome and congratulations!  :)
  • I had two losses and now I'm 21 weeks. I felt the same way you do -- that when it comes to pregnancy, I always get the bad news. Hopefully the third time will be the charm for you as well. My fingers are crossed for you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congrats! Getting a BFP after a loss is definitely an emotional roller coaster. Try to take it one day at a time. My OB let me get in a few extra ultrasounds in 1st trimester since I was really anxious. Maybe you can talk with your OB about having an extra visit or two.