January 2016 Moms

Teething?!

I thought two months was way too soon but she was acting like she was teething since the two month mark. Now at 10 weeks it looks and feels like she's cutting her two bottom front teeth. Anyone else??

Re: Teething?!

• mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited March 2016
    Yup! Hannah has been doing the same since 8 weeks. I can see and feel the little nubs coming in! She's so drooly too, poor thing. I thought it was way too soon too and in my research learned some babes are actually born with teeth!! 

Eta: her Easter basket is full of teethers! I got personalized wooden ones, silicone ones and the nuby ice ring!  :#
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • My son started teething at 7 weeks. Because he was still too young to really hold anything on his own, I bought an amber necklace (seriously best investment ever) and I wore a silicon necklace that was meant for him to chew on. It wasn't a fun time, but those two things saved my sanity. 
  • Loading the player...
  • While it is possible, it is highly unlikely for babies to be teething this early. My best friend thought her daughter was teething at 3 months or so, saw the white and everything and it wound up being little calcium deposits and she didn't actually get teeth until 9 months.
  • Even if LO is showing signs of teething, it may still be months before those teeth break through. My guy has been a drooling machine for several weeks now. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Drooling hard core since week 7.  Doesn't seem painful at all yet.. Thankfully 
  • Thanks for all your input and stories! Crazy that some are born with teeth! She's def drooling like crazy and fussier than normal but won't let me look in her mouth long enough to know if I'm for sure seeing teeth. I'm having my mom look tomorrow/today because she has done infant daycare for 20+ years and knows what to look for! 
  • sea8884sea8884 member
    edited March 2016
    My son started teething at 6 weeks!
  • Ive been wondering if my LO is in the beginning stages of teething. Sooo drooly. 8 weeks and the last few days shes been soo whiney and upset. Not sure if its still from the 8 week shots (she got 5 days sho but the whineyness is only starting now) or teething. It is possible and I read that if you or your SO teethed early they will too
  • My DS has been really drooly and chewing on his hands constantly. I asked his pediatrician and he said that it looks like his bottom two are coming in but it will probably take a while to pop through  
  • melturz said:
    My DS has been really drooly and chewing on his hands constantly. I asked his pediatrician and he said that it looks like his bottom two are coming in but it will probably take a while to pop through  
    Yes shes been sheeing her hand a lot too! Have you been using teething things at all? If so, Have they helped
  • Ped told me my little guy has been teething since 8 weeks. No teeth yet but she said it could be a month or two.