July 2015 Moms

Babbling

My daughter started babbling mama, baba and dada, but after a week stopped. She's back to just screaming. She's also teething, do you think that is why the hiatus? 

Re: Babbling

• I think so. L Bug will go through phases of babbling and quiet. She'll go from saying "mama" all the time to just "baba" to no babbling. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here he was saying mama but now he just squeals. He's also teething. He makes another noises now but I want him to go back to mama ☹
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO one says dada, and only says mama if he is crying lol. Mama to the rescue 
  • merryl79 said:
    My LO one says dada, and only says mama if he is crying lol. Mama to the rescue 
    I've noticed my baby boy has started saying "Maaa" when he is about to start crying to lol they're mamas' boys! :blush: 
  • Our little man started with Dada now it's mama papa baba and sometimes Dada. Mama comes out more when he's crying and upset. When he was teething it was less mostly just crying and fussing but he still babbled. He's gotten more animated since his two bottom teeth popped through withing 24 hours of each other lol. So I'd say just the teething :)
  • Mine has been saying baba, dada, fafa, but no mama. And it's never at anyone or anything. 
  • Her bottom right tooth came through and she started saying mamama again lol.
  • Our little man started with Dada now it's mama papa baba and sometimes Dada. Mama comes out more when he's crying and upset. When he was teething it was less mostly just crying and fussing but he still babbled. He's gotten more animated since his two bottom teeth popped through withing 24 hours of each other lol. So I'd say just the teething :)
    Exact same thing over here! Maybe her babbling changes do correlate with teething. Her bottom two popped through the gums within maybe four days of each other. 

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • micshi said:
    Our little man started with Dada now it's mama papa baba and sometimes Dada. Mama comes out more when he's crying and upset. When he was teething it was less mostly just crying and fussing but he still babbled. He's gotten more animated since his two bottom teeth popped through withing 24 hours of each other lol. So I'd say just the teething :)
    Exact same thing over here! Maybe her babbling changes do correlate with teething. Her bottom two popped through the gums within maybe four days of each other. 
    I agree, and it's fun teething huh lol. He's doing alot better this time around and talks constantly again we have whole conversations again haha. We're teething going through a growth spurt and going through leap 6 and he's back to balling like before I think it's the cutting of the first teeth that are the hardest and take away some of the babble.