January 2016 Moms
Options

Jillian Micheals DVD!

jem8407jem8407 member
edited February 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Ok, I'll admit it, I love Jillian Michaels! I always get results with her DVDs although, I don't follow her meal plans. I was pumped to see that her newest dvd, on pre-order status now for $6.99, is directed at us! It's called "hot body, healthy mommy" haha It won't come until March but that is good for some of us. The description also said it has c-section modifications! Anyhow, I thought I would share this exciting news with you lovely Mamas! 

Re: Jillian Micheals DVD!

• Options
    Thanks for the info! I used to enjoy her workouts, I'm psyched there's one aimed for our situation right when we're ready to workout!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing! Will be so much easier than trying to find time/ a sitter to get to the gym!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a major crush on Jillian!  I'm excited to hear she has a new dvd coming out esp for mamas!
  • Options
    Just preordered!  :#
  • Options
    I ordered it! Thanks for sharing 
  • Options
    My pleasure! I am three weeks postpartum, after a nearly emergent and unplanned cesarean, and ready to see some of my old body! I figured some of the other January Mamas would like this cost, and time, effective option. 
  • Options
    Thanks.  I was randomly watching her new reality show during a 2am feeding and saw her talking about the book related to this!  Im definitely going to check it out! 
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with her workouts. My last pregnancy I did the T25 workouts and I really liked those because they didn't require any equipment. Do the Jillian workouts require any weights or anything?
  • Options
    DVD will be here tomorrow from Amazon preorder. Who's going to start her new work outs? How many days a week are you going to use it?
  • Options
    Oh man lucky! I ordered from her website and it looks like I'll probably get it at the end of the week. I've been doing cafe mom studio workouts on you tube can't wait to try the new ones! I've been trying to do a workout every other day 
  • Options
    I'm getting mine tomorrow also @SuperherosMom! I'll see how often it says to use it.  Its probably 5 days a week like most of her other dvds. I've was walking 3 miles in an hour most days until the insane rainstorms last week. I also have been doing Lindsay Brinn's Mom's into fitness postpartum abs for two weeks.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I got an email that mine has shipped, now I just need LO to start taking naps so I can use it!
  • Options
    I have the T25 workout, that I want to get back into.  This Jillian Michaels one though sounds like it would be good too.  I may just have to order it. Has anyone tried her 30 Day Shred DVD? That one looks good too.
  • Options
    I have Ripped in 30 and Beginner Shred from Jillian Michaels. I'm hoping to do this new DVD then probably the Beginner then Ripped. We'll see.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    @MamaGooGoo, no they usually don't require weights/tools. 
    @SuperherosMom, I am going to see how many times my girl takes a nap, how much it takes to lose these last 22 pounds, and making sure it doesn't affect my milk supply. I am hoping for four times per week. 
    @teachmegs817, I have used all of her DVDs and found results from each one. 30 day shred is older but one of my faves! It is a total go to. 
  • Options
    Got mine today and just did the core workout. Thinking I would like to do core every day and rotate between the arms and legs for my 2nd workout.

just got cleared today at my 6 week appt to work out, so obv going to take it easy. I did notice soreness in my stomach/abs when I was doing the workout. More like an old injury/bruise soreness and not a workout burn soreness
  • Options
    I'm still (not so patiently) waiting on mine.  It's out for delivery so anytime time now
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I did upper body last night. Upper body has always been my weak point, but it's apparently super weak now.  I was using a 3 lb weight and wanted to die at some points, lol.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I was going to workout last night but that didn't happen..I did turn it in and watch part of the core workout while I nursed LO but my 2 older ones weren't cooperating and my mood quickly turned during bath/bed time for them. I was disappointed to see where wasn't levels like on her Shred and Ripped series. 
  • Options
    BEWx2BEWx2 member
    I survived arms and back! I really liked it! 20 min; felt like I actually worked out! Even sweated a little bit but totally do able! It Does require 3-5 lb weights. Can't wait to try the next two workouts (another day)! Thanks for the recommendation ladies! 
  • Options
    I'm feeling it all over. I'm doing one a day 5 days a week, I think.  I'm doing them in order so upper body, lower body and then core. I think core was the easiest for me. After I go back to work I'll probably do this in the morning while LO is hopefully asleep. I really need to start doing it that way soon, but I hate getting up at 5 am to work out, especially since she's been wanting to nurse between 3-4 am.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    Anyone doing it thru amazon video? I can't find the first episode!  :|
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    I did upper yesterday and then ran a mile on the treadmill. Felt it all say to day in the thighs. I guess those sumo squats lol
  • Options
    I love these workouts! They are perfect for where my body is at right now, I had tried other videos on you tube and was really struggling and felt burnt out really quickly. So I am so glad I got them! 
  • Options
    Well it looks like I am buying this DVD too now! Any recommendations on upper body workouts by her?
  • Options
    @PedsIsHardcore she prob has a video specifically for upper if you search. If not all of the videos of hers I've tried have had a great mix of uppers. I've done her Ripped, Shred, and tried one for buns and thighs can't remember the name :)
  • Options
    Finally remembered to order mine, it just arrived, hoping to start the program tomorrow!
  • Options
    My LO has been on a nap strike since mine arrived and I haven't been able to try it yet.  So frustrating!  I've had to settle for long walks with him in his wrap, which is turning out to be a decent workout considering how big he's getting
  • Options
    Killer buns and thighs was her butt/thigh dvd,Great dvd! I love Jillian micheals I have been so lazy since I had the baby. Maybe I will see if I can find this on amazon video!
  • Options
    I did both the lower body and core workouts today while my baby laughed at me and then slept. I am generally in good shape although I am currently 22 pounds up from pre-pregnancy. I also did a snowshoe in grand Teton national park this weekend. I "felt" the muscles working which was nice. I think this is a gentle DVD that gets you started at a healthy pace. Let's hope for progress!