Stay at Home Moms

Care package

Hi all, Jumping over here from another message board to get some ideas. I have a good friend who stays home with her two little ones, and she has a third on the way. Her husband has had to be at work for long hours and some weekends recently, and I wanted to send her a care package as a little pick-me-up. Is there anything in particular you would appreciate as a stay-at-home mom? Thank you for any ideas!
Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
DH: 36, No known issues
TTC since 11/2014
1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

Re: Care package

• A bunch of pre-cooked meals. I hate cooking and barely find the time with one. You could do frozen meals or cans of soup.

Perhaps do a self spa day care package. A little bubble bath, soothing lotion, ect. could go a long way.
  • What a sweet gesture!
    I echo the precooked/ frozen meals, especially if they are already in foil/ aluminum containers that she can heat them up in. The less dishes the better! Or if they have it in your area, a gift certificate for sending her laundry out to be done. I would have loved a housekeeper to come clean too.
    Also, maybe something interesting that she can listen to during the day, like an audio book, or a bunch of good podcasts. I find that I don't have time to read. But, I can often multitask and do chores (or I'd nurse a baby) while I listen to books and podcasts. It helps with the mundane, and with the monotony of being home with small children. 
    Lastly if you can swing it, go over and watch her kids. Be there so that she can shower, nap or get out of the house- alone! While you're there do dishes and fold laundry if you can :)
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Something for her that she has to use for herself. If someone gives me something and there is a chance it can be used on the kids it will be. Any way to give her some time to herself would be very appreciated! You are very sweet!
  • Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately I live pretty far away - I do love the idea of sending meals but not sure it would work! I might just do something fun like a little nail polish, magazine she wouldn't normally buy, etc. just for a little break during nap time :)
    Me: 33, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 36, No known issues
    TTC since 11/2014
    1000mg Metformin daily

Oct-Dec 2015: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI = BFN x 2
    Feb-May 2016: Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN x 3
    August 2016: Clomid 100mg no response, Letrozole 5mg, Ovidrel, TI, Prometrium = BFN

• I would live and die for a friend to do this. You're amazing. As a sahm I would love a little box of chocolate covered strawberries or a face mask, something I can pamper me with or even a gift certificate to get my hair or nails done. Just a little me time. Sorry I've been home sick with my lo and desperately want to get out a little.
  • I had a gf do this at the end of my pregnancy & it was amazing!
    she sent a few little gifts for my older boy & an aroma therapy thing for in the shower, coffee, chocolate & some lip gloss. I cried I was so happy. It doesn't have to be much & don't forget her kids! 
  • I sent a restaurant.com gift card to my brother when he had his second baby. We live far apart and my favorite gifts I received were meals. Maybe a gift card for a prenatal massage? I would also appreciate some quiet activities for the older kids. If they're occupied, I can do other things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker