2nd Trimester

still feeling sick...?

Hey everyone! So I am 18 weeks tomorrow and the last 24 hours have been quite an ordeal. Yesterday felt the best I have felt yet in this pregnancy (my 1st) up until about 2 p.m. then it was like I got hit by a bus! I have struggled with morning sickness almost non stop for the past 15 weeks so to get a day where I had energy and no nausea was welcome for sure. It was short lived though because after 2 yesterday I became very light headed and had tunnel vision, nausea and ended up losing my dinner around 8 p.m.. I am having aching in my legs, weakness throughout my body and feel like I have the worst stomach flu of my life. Has anyone else had such a quick turn around from great to awful?

Re: still feeling sick...?

• Hm.. Have you had any of those symptoms before with your MS? Are you still continuing to have these symptoms?  These seem a bit more serious than MS and could be indications of a stomach flu or other issues.  That being said, it is very typical to go from feeling great to feeling terrible.  Hope you feel better soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• YES!!! I am 18 weeks in 3 days and I got hit like a bus today! I was feeling fantastic for 2 days then woke up and threw up everything. I got weak, light headed and shaky. It's awful isn't it?! I know eating doesn't sound great now but put something down. It sounds like you are also having a hypoglycemic moment since you threw everything up. If nothing else get milk or chocolate milk down. As soon as your blood sugar goes back up you will feel at least some better. Probably not 100% but the flu like symptoms will lessen. It worked for me. Ps make sure you stay hydrated ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Well I caved and contacted my OB and she said it's the flu for sure... 
  • I also have stomach flu. So does my 1.5 year old and DH. This is the longest day ever.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was gonna say it sounded like the real flu
  • That's miserable!  I came down with what I thought was the flu, OB had me go to triage, and it ended up being pneumonia and I spent 4 days in the hospital.  Ugh, hard to know when to brush off symptoms vs seeking medical attention... with babies involved, better safe than sorry!  I hope everyone is feeling better!
    ***Pregnancy Mentioned***
    ME: 32; DH: 34; TTC since 3/2014; Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 2/2015
    3/2015-5/2015 IUI #1-3 with clomid + trigger:  CP + 2 BFN
    6/2015 Prep for IVF + ICSI + Assisted hatching
    7/2015 17 high-quality blasts, transferred 1 & froze 16
    8/2015: IVF#1 BFN; prep for FET
    9/2015:  Transferred 2 top grade hatching day 6 blasts
    10/2015:  10dp6dfet 754!! 13dp6dfet 2327!! 15dp6dfet 4919!!
    Present:  TWO heartbeats and all is well!!  G/B TWINS Due Date:  6/16/16
  • mclorn said:
    That's miserable!  I came down with what I thought was the flu, OB had me go to triage, and it ended up being pneumonia and I spent 4 days in the hospital.  Ugh, hard to know when to brush off symptoms vs seeking medical attention... with babies involved, better safe than sorry!  I hope everyone is feeling better!
    I did have the Flu (official diagnosis ) which turned into pneumonia,  with ear infections.  I was almost hospitalized twice. The only reason I wasnt is because I am an RN, and I have all the equipment at home. I was miserable for weeks.

If you (or anyone else) has Flu like symptoms,  please see your Dr. A simple nasal swab and a 10 minutes can confirm this or not. Drink lots of water and rest. Feel better soon.