January 2016 Moms

UO Thursday

unpopluar opinion Thursday 
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: UO Thursday

• I hate the st. Patrick day parade and will never go to it with my kids again, after going once with my oldest. I will do our towns homecoming, memorial and pretty much any other. But there are too many drunks at the st. Patrick day parade for me.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • l4rkl4rk member
    I think celebrating St. Patrick's day is trashy for anyone over the age of 20 unless you're born or currently in Ireland. 
  • Cornedand beef and cabbage sucks. Putting a bunch of food in a pot and boiling the crap out of it never yields good results. Braise the corned beef and cabbage, mash the taters and have roasted carrots. Or bangers and mash. And what PP said. Celebrating today is kind of trashy unless your 12 or Irish
  • I don't get how baby Einstein DVDs are supposed to be "educational" 
    ive watched two ( yes my child is almost 3 months) 
    its puppets doing pointless stuff.
    stuffed animals, toys and (insert random item) doing pointless things that may I add doesn't even line up to the music. 

Either my brain is "too developed" for this crap or I wasted my money. Because this is crap. 
    Serious crap. 
  • I want to punch my DH in the face. I get he works 8 hours and all but coming home and then wanting to go do a whole bunch of stuff we don't need to, nope, nope, nope!
  • I hate micky and mini mouse. Especially the clothes. I was given 2 outfits for my LO and she will not be wearing them. One is clearly a boys micky outfit (which doesn't bother me that its for a boy! Its that its ugly) and the other is this God aweful full body pink leopard print outfit with a giant mini mouse head on the front. I hated them as a kid, I hate them know.
    If I wouldn't wear it she's not wearing it.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited March 2016
    I hate micky and mini mouse. Especially the clothes. I was given 2 outfits for my LO and she will not be wearing them. One is clearly a boys micky outfit (which doesn't bother me that its for a boy! Its that its ugly) and the other is this God aweful full body pink leopard print outfit with a giant mini mouse head on the front. I hated them as a kid, I hate them know.
    If I wouldn't wear it she's not wearing it.
    I HATE all character clothing! I especially hate character, over the top, sparkly, light up sneakers. Just writing this is giving me anxiety. I'm so scared to see what family gives us for LO. I think it's a real fear as a parent of a girl. 

Edit it to clarify I don't discriminate, I hate all characters 
  • @KFrob  I hate all of them but micky and mini the most! My cousin had an all micky room when she was a kid and it freaked me out to no end!
    I do love embroidery and delecate prints though. I'd just rather clothing didnt look like a whorish advertisement for a cartoon.
  • I hate character  clothing as well as stuff with writing like "Tax deduction" or "pretty like my aunt". I can not stand that stuff. But I will say my family buys character shirts and my 2 year old picks out is own clothes everyday and always picks out Mickey or sports.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016