May 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday & Thursday Ticker Change 3/16-3/17

Week/fruit:

Rants/raves/symptoms:

Upcoming appointments:

Questions for the group:

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner?

Re: Wednesday & Thursday Ticker Change 3/16-3/17

• Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited March 2016
    Week/fruit: 33, Durian. Seriously, what's up with the spiky fruits?

Rants/raves/symptoms: DS2 has been head down for nearly a week and had dropped but wasn't engaged. then an hour after my OB appointment, he must have decided he wasn't confer table because he turned transverse and is now breech again. Swelling is here with a vengeance since work on Tuesday and hasn't eased up overnight :( Otherwise, I'm feeling much better by this time in this pregnancy than I did with DS. I'm more mobile and less sore this time around, though I still feel like I've been kicked in the crotch and my hips give me some random trouble. Loving the random dance parties from different food, music, or interactions though! 

Upcoming appointments: Chiropractor appointment tomorrow and OB appointment March 30th. I just had an appointment yesterday and my OB is going toe to toe with my school to try to get my maternity leave straightened out. The OB actually recommended an earlier leave date yesterday than I had requested (and that the school had rejected). And I found out why this doctor seemed previously anti vbac-- it's because more often than not she said she sees women back away from it to settle for the convenience/clarity of a scheduled rcs if given the choice by the time third tri hits. Since I'm still all-in if this LO will cooperate and go head down, she's now all-in too. (She was the skeptic of the doctors' group who I was worried about previously.). :)

Questions for the group: Anyone have a cleaning method they love for the wired pack n play styles? I can't submerse it, so I planned to use dish soap to surface clean since that's what I usually use for gentle upholstery cleaning...but if there's a better way I'm all ears!

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner?
    We did last pregnancy, but we haven't this time yet. More or less, DH knows that I'm in charge and if I ask him to do something, he'll do it. We have a few massage techniques/ the stand and sway that were helpful last time to get through contractions before I went in for the cs that I assume well use this time too if I get to labor.
  • Options
    Week/fruit: 33 - Pineapple

Rants/raves/symptoms: I'm not sure how baby is suppose to double in size in the next 7 weeks. I feel like he's busting out already, ouch those kicks can hurt.  

Upcoming appointments: not till next week - also going to the prenatal chiro for the first time! 

Questions for the group: I've had some sharp pains in my lower belly/pelvis more frequent/intense than ligament stretching, it felt similar to bowel moment pains don't know if it's stretching or contractions. I don't have any definitive BH contractions that I can tell. Do some not have these or do they just show up later? 

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner? No - I'm doing my yoga breathing, he knows to just do whatever I ask come go time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Week/fruit: 33 - Durian, I have no idea wtf this is...

Rants/raves/symptoms: Sleeping about 4 hours tops per night, lady bits are still sore as heck and now my sciatic nerve is acting up so walking is becoming super difficult. Heartburn has reared it's ugly head and it's sometimes so bad that I feel like I might vomit on myself. I also get super hot out of nowhere and start sweating from the face lol, awesome. I am getting super excited about all the wonderful gifts we have been getting for our little guy- so awesome to know how many people care about him already :) Also loving setting up his crib and washing his clothes and blankets- getting real excited to finally meet him!

Upcoming appointments: Just had one yesterday- doctor is happy with his positioning (head down) and happy with the amount of fluid. He is also very pleased with my pressure- 118/76, and the way I am carrying. I go back in 2 weeks.

Questions for the group: None today

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner? No - I guess I am just going to wing it lol!

• Options
    Weeks: 32

RRS: baby feet always pressing/kicking the same spot on my ribs! I am feeling more squished, I think baby did some growing. 

Appointments: had one today, doctor said everything looks great. I was really impressed that she quickly felt my stomach and knew where the baby was. I try all the time and everything feels the same, but I can tell by the wiggling ;) hospital tour and hospital baby event thing tonight!

Questions: am I terrible if I don't think it's necessary to pre wash all things baby related? Should I really be doing this?
    @lusitano8 sometimes kicks feel like sharp pains for me. I may have had some BH contractions (belly feels tight) but I was busy doing things so I didn't quite pay attention and felt better later.

GTKY: I guess I have mostly been telling DH what not to do. For example, books will say for dads to say encouraging phrases... If he tries to be a cheer leader he will get the death stare. He is very good at figuring out what makes me feel better so I'm not really worried
  • Options
    Week/fruit: 31/miniature dinosaur on babysizer

Rants/raves/symptoms: It has gotten to the point where it physically hurts to walk now. It's not my back, it's the lower part of my bump. I still haven't gotten around to picking out a maternity belt (can't decide between all the mixed reviews), but I really need to get onto it soon because there's just so much to do. 

Pretty sure I felt the outline of an arm or a leg last night! I have a feeling she's gonna be long...DH was. And it just feels like there's a lot of baby in there, lengthwise, judging by the simultaneous hits & kicks across my uterus 

Upcoming appointments: 3/21. Apparently the doctor is going to be measuring me for growth so far. She didn't say scan, and I was too loopy from the glucola to ask, so I'm assuming that this means the whole measuring the uterus thing? I know some of you have gotten those, but this'll be the first time I've gotten that kind of check. 

Questions for the group: Nothing today. 

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner? Nope. I've been passive-aggressively sending little YouTube videos to DH though. Like one with the tennis ball trick, etc. Hopefully DH will actually watch them and absorb the details so when the real thing is happening he will remember them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    Week/Fruit: 32/Squash (idk what kinds of squash the bump eats, but he's measuring just under 5lbs already.

Rants/raves/symptoms: His movements have become vary levels of uncomfortable and painful. I wince almost every time he moves. I also can no longer sleep on my sides because he sleeps UNDER me. So now I sit up in bed and attempt to sleep...which means I dont actually sleep. 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow. I had one on Tuesday with the high risk doctor and everything was okay. They said that if my FFN comes back negative tomorrow then I'll probably make it to at least 35 weeks, which was my goal so I can deliver in the hospital I want to deliver in. Fingers crossed.

Questions for the group: None today.

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner? I'm doing hypnobirthing and trying to get him to learn where to massage and how to massage. I prefer light touches and DH is super heavy handed. 
  • Options
    Week/fruit: 30/cucumber

Rants/raves/symptoms: My pelvis is making everything soooo painful. I went to the physical therapist on Monday and was told that all my pain is because my pelvis is essentially dislocated. I'm not sure the exact term used, misaligned/tilted/dislocated, but one side is not connected to the cartilage so it is super painful to walk, stand, lay down, pretty much do anything :( The only thing I can do is try and pop it back into place. I am not excited about this thought.

Upcoming appointments: I just had a standard one today and then 2 weeks from today I start weekly NST's. It's crazy how fast this is going!

Questions for the group: None today

GTKY Are you practicing any comfort techniques for labor with your partner? I am just hoping to make it through everything without getting completely annoyed with DH. He gets kind of clingy when he's nervous/stressed and it makes me sooooo irritated.
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker