1st Trimester
Options

HCG nearly doubled in 48hrs. Think it's okay?

Hello! It's my first time posting here so I will give a little backround. I had a blighted ovum in October of last year along with a D&C. I was around 8wks. I am 30 years old and that was my first pregnancy. I became irregular after the D&C so I did one round of progesterone/clomid. I found out that I am pregnant on Sunday! On Monday (4wks) my HCG was at 73 which the OB was happy with the results. On a Wednesday  it was at 144. It would need to be at 146 for it to double. The nurse still thought that it was a good result but I was concerned. Did anyone have this happen and still have a wonderful little one? I am currently 4wks 3days and go back at 5wks for another HCG and they will also do an early 6wk US. 

Best Answers

• Options
    purelexpurelex member
    edited March 2016 Answer ✓
    You want the numbers to double every 48 to 72 hours initially until they level off a bit later in your pregnancy. My numbers were off by more than yours and I am now 11 weeks after having 2 previous losses around 8 weeks.  I went from 2077 (Monday) to 3780 (Wednesday) to 7636 (Friday) when I was 4 weeks.  The acceptable ranges are huge and vary widely, also.

You are good, don't stress!

Edit because I can't math.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    Answer ✓
    Still good!  Everything I've heard is that it should double in 48-72 hours.  I certainly never pulled off a 48 double and I'm still going strong at 11w6d today.  Good luck!  I've included my chart so you can see doubling times.  But I really wouldn't worry about a tiny smidge less than a double.  Heck, standard error could account for that number.

1.JPG 20.5K

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker