Pregnant after a Loss

Stomach bug to add to my anxiety....

I am almost 17 weeks and have spent all day not being able to handle any food and very little fluid without running to the bathroom... I know I have made it 17 weeks and everything looks great, I had some spotting last week so I was
put on pelvic rest ... I would really like to be able to enjoy this pregnancy at some point....Any advice? 

Re: Stomach bug to add to my anxiety....

• I had the stomach flu with awful vomitting at 22 weeks. It was horrible. Lasted for several days. But baby was fine through it even though I was terrified. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I know how you feel. My doctor used to tell me after our appoints to repeat the mantra "today I'm pregnant!" It never worked for me though! Sending well wishes your way! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had horrible nausea through the first trimester, more than a week of spotting that started at week 10, had a brief time to enjoy the second trimester, then got hit with a terrible cold and a large hemorrhoid around 15 weeks. I was just like you -- wondering if I'd EVER get to enjoy this pregnancy. Thankfully the cold went away after 2.5 weeks, and the hemorrhoid just about went away. My advice would be to just take it easy until you feel better and trust that the good days are coming.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Keep sipping water even if it comes back up. Most important thing is to not get dehydrated.  I would also call the doctor and talk to a nurse and see what they say about when you should go in and get help vs tough it out.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Agree with @bntfroggie. I hope you're starting to feel a little better. I once had a food poisoning that was really bad and in the end I ended up boiling water (to be sure it was sterile) and let it cool down a little before I would sip one table spoon every hour until I kept it down then I would increase to every half hour, every 15 min and when I kept that down I started drinking more.