February 2016 Moms

EXTRA fussy baby

Our 3 week old has been really fussy lately and it mostly happens at night.. and we are just one cry away from loosing our minds. 
For the past couple of nights it's impossible to get him to sleep, not to mention that he is cluster feeding (only at night) I think. For example: I feed him at 8:30 and just finished again right now at 10:17 pm. First time he ate for about 40 min (20 min in e/breast) and right now again at least 15-20 min. And then i burp him and he starts falling asleep on me or full on falls asleep while on me, BUT the second we put him in the RNP he gets all fussy again, pacifier works for a few min, he is swaddled, we have a white noise machine, i've given him baby massages for gas and it's not a great solution, we bounce him.. i just dont know what else to try.. my pediatrician said that is very important thay we go to baby when they cry to fix whatever it's wrong and that babies dont cry for no reason this young but i cant seem to figure out how to help him to sleep for a bit at night. 
Any suggestions? PLEASE! 

Re: EXTRA fussy baby

• I was in the same boat sista! I thought I was going to lose my ever-loving mind! But it's normal and you just have to go with it. It will sort itself out soon. LO has gotten better in the last week but sometimes she'll still do it. My friend shared this article with me and it made me feel like less of a failure as a mother! 

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/cluster-feeding-tips/
  • My LO is three weeks today and he did nothing but fuss last night from 4:30-8:30. I agree with Meg^. It's super frustrating, but it's normal. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Not really helpful suggestion, but this article helped me feel a little less like a lunatic when my DD went through her period of purple crying (aka the bounce on the exercise ball for 3+ hours in the middle of the night singing variations of "go the f* to sleep", time): https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2011/10/1/my-baby-wont-stop-crying.html

I know it's probably frowned upon, but if LO only seems content to sleep on you after nursing, then just let them do it. Sit in a chair with your arms propped up on pillows, LO on your chest, lean back and sleep. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• smn14smn14 member
    @meg+on+the+DL that article is so reassuring! We face cluster feeding every evening at the mo from 6-10. Nice to know its normal and just to work through it! 
  • My son will be four weeks old on Monday and if he's awake, he's usually crying. Typically I change and/or feed him, and he goes back to sleep. Most of his waking hours are unhappy. It's so hard to watch him cry and not know what to do about it. It breaks my heart. He's perfectly healthy, but he fusses all the time. He's not at the age yet where he can smile or laugh, so I don't get to see him happy, just sad. Is this really normal? When can I expect it to end?  :(
  • Lurker from Jan16....at 3 weeks, my LO was going through a growth spurt (common at 3 wks and 6 wks) and was extra fussy and also cluster feeding. It only lasted a couple of days though, so it was managable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My LO is 3.5 wks and going thru the same stuff. Sleeps fine on me but as soon as we put him down he is crying like he'd hurting. I'm currently in the recliner with him passed out because it's the only way he sleeps. Also clustering for his 3rd day. Hard on this FTM.
  • VitaLuna said:
    Not really helpful suggestion, but this article helped me feel a little less like a lunatic when my DD went through her period of purple crying (aka the bounce on the exercise ball for 3+ hours in the middle of the night singing variations of "go the f* to sleep", time): https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2011/10/1/my-baby-wont-stop-crying.html

I know it's probably frowned upon, but if LO only seems content to sleep on you after nursing, then just let them do it. Sit in a chair with your arms propped up on pillows, LO on your chest, lean back and sleep. 
    Oh my god, that article. I laughed until I cried and then I real cried!  I have so many. SO MANY feels. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD