June 2016 Moms

Loose vagina

Ok, so I have a feeling this post will get a lot of views!

Last night I was googling something and came across an old thread from the Baby Center. On this thread, a pregnant girl was upset because her SO questioned her fidelity, as she seemed "looser" lately. There were a lot of responses to this question, including many pregnant women experiencing the same thing (although many weren't being accused of infidelity because if it). There were even some men who responded that they're partners were looser, and that they were googling the matter before making the mistake of accusing their pregnant SO of cheating.

So anyway, this post made me a little paranoid. I immediately attempted to do some kegels, which I've done off and on since my teen years. BUT, they were almost impossible to do... I guess from pressure from baby. Anyone experience this? I don't remember having trouble doing them during other pregnancies!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone feels a change down there? I realize that "looser" is a bit offensive, so maybe I should use another word.

I also asked my husband about it, but he said he didn't notice anything. I'm not sure that I can believe him though, as he's not super observant, and he would definitely go out of his way (lie even,) to avoid hurting my feelings.

Additionally, what I was originally googling when I came across the above mentioned thread, was whether I might be different down there AFTER baby, even though I have a c-section scheduled. This is my 4th pregnancy/c-section, and so far so good.... But I feel that my body isn't holding up the way it did (in other ways) during my first three pregnancies. So I was questioning whether everything was going to be ok down there. (Yeah, this entire post is embarrassing.) Anyone with any thoughts or experiences?

Re: Loose vagina

• Sydvicious08Sydvicious08 member
    edited March 2016
    Kegels and squats. Make them your best friend :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Swollen & super tight here (with awesome varicose veins for extra fun)...

DH is looking forward to the return of my regular body, which makes two of us.
  • Like currently?  No idea because pelvic rest.

After DS compared to before?  H said he didn't notice a change really and I didn't either.  And I was horrible about kegels. 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't think DH would notice or say anything since we've had sex 4-5 times since I got pregnant. We did learn in our class last night how I/DH should start doing massages daily for 10 minutes starting at 34 weeks to the perineum to start loosing the vagina for birth.
    37 y/o
    Married 9/1/13
    Off OCP 3/1/14
    TTC 6/1/14
    DX Endometriosis in 2002
    Laparoscopy 2002 and 2007
    HSG 8/2014, right tube partially blocked
    1st BFP 1/5/15 EDD 9/12/15- miscarried 1/8/15
    BFP 10/5/15 EDD 6/17/16- delivered healthy girl 6/18/16
    BFP 8/4/16 EDD 3/2/18- trisomy 18 girl- no heartbeat 8/25/17 at 13 weeks d&c 8/28/17
    BFP 12/4/17 EDD 8/19/18

• There was an educational (non-scary) video posted to 3rd tri not too long ago @alysemciver
  • HBamama2B said:
    There was an educational (non-scary) video posted to 3rd tri not too long ago @alysemciver
    Ohhhh good to know I'll check it out 
  • Tighter here. Accidentally keep pushing him out when I get too excited.
  • I'd have to actually have sex with my husband to ask him....
    Hahaha! Same...poor guy. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • I'd have to actually have sex with my husband to ask him....
    Lmao!!!! Me.... I'm so this right now. #RightThereWithYa. My husband is wondering if I'll ever get my sex drive back lol
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I am also on the tighter/swollen side of things. Sex feels so weird and uncomfortable - like there's no room. And if he goes even a little deep it's even more uncomfortable. We've only had sex a handful of times since I got pregnant, and luckily he hasn't complained. It was like this with my first pregnancy too. 
  • H also said nothing as changed and nothing changed after DS. Even if he had made a single complaint he would never have to worry about what it was like again! But I haven't noticed any difference, I also didn't after DS either. 
  • Oh my holy God. 
  • I thought this was a gif for a brief moment and fully expected it to start flapping at me. 
    Okay, so I almost spit out my drink at the picture, and then I did spit it out at your comment. 
    Not sure why, but this totally ignited my gag reflex!
  • crdocrdo member
    I thought this was a gif for a brief moment and fully expected it to start flapping at me. 
    Okay, so I almost spit out my drink at the picture, and then I did spit it out at your comment. 
    Welp, there goes my desire for 2nd breakfast.  :s
  • crdo said:
    I thought this was a gif for a brief moment and fully expected it to start flapping at me. 
    Pulled up this gem on my phone in the work cafeteria. Not sure who was more startled, me or the guy standing next to me. 
  • HBamama2B said:
    crdo said:
    Pulled up this gem on my phone in the work cafeteria. Not sure who was more startled, me or the guy standing next to me. 

Stupid box. 

I was afraid. Very afraid. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought this was a gif for a brief moment and fully expected it to start flapping at me. 
    Awesome
  • Oh my gosh, I have laughed so hard reading these posts.  You girls are great!  I haven't noticed anything being extremely different down there. It's mostly just uncomfortable to even try to do the deed. I get tired and winded and then I'm just like, "Ugh, let's try to do this as quickly as possible! lol"  My husband hasn't said anything either (and he better never!), and I didn't notice any major difference after my first son.