January 2016 Moms

Easter with your LO

What are your plans??? Making a basket? Egg hunt? I know our LOs are still so young, but I know there are some excited moms out there that regardless of age will try to make holidays special for baby. So tell me what you are doing.

Unfortinately, DD doesn't get a basket this year. I just believe she is so young that she won't remember it and it will be a waste of money, but my DS who just turned 3 associates holidays with things like basket = Easter, candy = Halloween so I am making him one of his own. Afterwards we are doing an egg hunt at my FIL's house and eating a nice homemade lunch with the family.
DD#1 born 12/30/2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DS#1 born 02/19/2013

Re: Easter with your LO

• What I did with by second was give more pacifiers, bottles, sunglasses and those baby cookies that he was close in age to eating. My older son didn't question it.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is only going to be 7 weeks old on Easter so she isn't going to care about anything lol but I got her a cute "my first Easter" outfit and am going to set up an egg hunt for hubby and a letter from the Easter bunny telling Charlotte to find the eggs with daddy and share her treats. Of course this is for the benefit of my husband, DD won't care but I know hubby will love it! I got some teething rings and a stuffed animal for her and the rest of the treats are chocolates for DH. I'm looking forward to it :) 
  • 2winterbabies2winterbabies member
    edited March 2016
    What I did with by second was give more pacifiers, bottles, sunglasses and those baby cookies that he was close in age to eating. My older son didn't question it.
    Yeah I guess you could do that :) not a bad idea

@hannahduff3 that carrot is so cute!
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• I have a 2 year old so he is getting some spring time toys, and some snacks and a beach towel.  Little one is getting some new pacis, a little Easter rattle and a bathing suit and hat.  I have some plastic eggs with snacks not candy for my 2 year old to find in the yard (we will be at the beach at my parents house so the weather will be nice and warm.
  • mrsncmrsnc member
    I think it helps keep the magic alive for the older ones when the LO gets a basket too. I have a 9 yo SD and although she's getting to the point where she really doesn't believe anymore, I know she'll love helping DD explore her basket, after she explores her own that is! 
    DD is getting a little outfit, headbands/bows (since her big head grew out of the few we had) and some books. 
  • I got LO an "Easter outfit" to wear to church on Easter Sunday with matching little shoes, but that's it. No basket. And let's be honest...the outfit will make me a lot happier than her!
  • We got a little newbie dress and are going to brunch with extended family. A little worried about how she'll act at brunch but brought a nursing cover just in case becauE when all else fails the boob keeps her quiet. 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    We got her one book, a bathing suit and a little basket!
  • It's not really assembled yet but I did this. Wal-Mart has a few cute 'first Easter' things :)
  • I bought him a 2 piece outfit from Target by Carters for Easter. It's a onsie and pants that say, "Some Bunny to Love" and a little rabbit is on the butt of the pants. We bought a basket for DS and it will be his Easter basket from now, until he gets older. I bought bubbles to use with him once the weather turns nicer, a "my first Easter" lamb rattle that's soft, two spring themed rubber duckies for the tub, and a car seat toy attachment to hang from the handle. 

We are cooking an Easter breakfast at our house for my parents and his dad will probably stop by. We will have Easter dinner at his grandpas with his mom, aunt and uncles later in the afternoon. 
  • I know it's crazy since he'll only be 10 weeks but I already made his basket! Being home all day is very dangerous for online shopping!! Lots of personalized items have been purchased so far.

• I was at the mall yesterday with my daughter, and saw the Easter Bunny. I thought, "She's dressed cute. I should get her picture taken now." Until I saw the price. $30 for 2 5x7s??? Hell to the no! My husband said he'd get a $75 suit and we'd recoup the money in 3 years.
    We have a dress that is a hand-me-down that I thought she'd wear for church on Easter. Otherwise, she'll attend family dinner and that's all for this year.
  • I got DS2 an Easter basket--has a rattle, fisher price toy that is more for six months and up, a book, some bubbles and I might buy some puffs to throw in for in a few months when he's older. Definitely went much more overboard for DS1 when he was a few weeks old so I've toned it down but I still wanted to make him an Easter basket. We will hide eggs but that's more for DS2 whose three. 

And look around for Easter activities in your area. We have a bunch that have free Easter bunnys where you can take your own photos for free. Never knew they existed till I had DS1. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • My boys would wonder why twins didn't get a basket, so they got one with a plush bunny to go in it. :)
  • We aren't doing anything. My parents have an egg hunt at their house for the other grandkids so we will probably just piggy back on that in future years. But Easter has always been that way in our family since I was a kid. We went to church then had a hunt at my grandparents house. 
  • DD will have a basket. I got a stuffed cow, a swim suit, headbands and some pacifiers and teething ring. This will be the first year our 2.5 year old will understand finding the eggs, so that should be fun! 
  • Little girl has a cute little denim and pink dress she'll wear to church that sunday. I think we'll get a little easter basket and take her picture with her sitting in it with her lamb and bunny so we atleast remeber her first Easter. and I'm a little obsessed with taking her picture.
  • Love this thread. Wasn't going to do a basket before reading this but now I think I might get a personalized basket like pp posted since we can use that in the future and put in like a book, a rattle, a teether and a bathing suit.  As for traditions, this will be her first time to church - we usually go every Sunday but have stayed home since up until last week she was unvaccinated and so young and mid-flu season, but Easter seems like the appropriate time to get back into things.  Then brunch and an egg hunt. 
  • I'm not doing anything! LO will be only 6 weeks and we're going to be out of town anyway. I look forward to decorating eggs and all that when she's older. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • I have two older children so they'll both get dove chocolate bunnies and a Cadbury egg. My little will get an Easter basket with her name on it to use in the years ahead and also a bunny with a tiny blanket attached to it. 
  • Because of having two older kiddos, baby will have an Easter basket too. For the 9 year old, she will have an outfit, a movie, maybe a small stuffed animal, and some candy. The 15 month old will have an outfit, a toy, and a very small amount of candy (that I will probably eat), and the baby has an outfit, a chew toy, and probably a car seat toy or something else small.
  • I made a basket. There's an outfit, a book, hand rattles, baby blcks, and a mirror play thing.
  • A good chunk of my family is taking a much needed trip week of Easter so we decided last night we're doing Easter stuff next Saturday. We live near a family farm place that does a spring themed event with an Easter bunny as well. So we're going for all the kiddos to enjoy and get photos together. Then a little something at the house, it's also my cousins 30th this week too so it's perfect timing. 
  • @ByeByeSpotts I'm in love with her outfit! 

I have two pet bunnies that I may attempt pictures with. Otherwise, I'm just going to play around with fake bunny ears and plastic eggs like I did last year with my son. To date, they are some of my favorite pictures of him. 
  • @mbud926 where did you get your basket???

I just made my son's basket who is 3 and now I feel guilty DD doesn't have one. An outfit, book, and small toys aren't that much$$. Thanks everyone for tempting me to go out and make a baby easter basket.  ;)
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• @2winterbabiesI got the basket from Pottery Barn Kids (even on sale it was pretty expensive but I figured it's worth it since I'll use it every year.) The little girl liners are PRECIOUS!! I'm so thankful I had a boy--less temptation especially with all of the cute Holiday things
  • @2winterbabies I just saw that today is free shipping and 20/40% off Easter at PBK...happy shopping!!
  • I made my little guy a onesie for St. Patrick's day and Easter. He has a nice outfit for church that Sunday and we bought him an Easter basket. It'd hard to not do something even though he's so little. 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • I gave in.... DD could use some extra books ;)

DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Amazing, made me smile so much, awesome photo---- @Ljohn43
  • Thanks!! It was fun to do!! 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    Here's our little basket! I just put it all together.