December 2015 Moms
Options

Nap fails

kdoak2015kdoak2015 member
edited March 2016 in December 2015 Moms
I thought everyone could use a good laugh, DD fights her naps pretty good so today I said no fighting I'm just going to put you on the floor after 15min intervals and try again. Finally got her down for a nap and I knock my coffee on the ground so she startled awake a bit, then the dog needs out and when he comes back in starts running through the house, she startled awake but
goes back down. 10mins later my water bottle slides off the couch and slams on the floor making DD and myself jump. Needless to say this was an epic nap fail.

Anyone else have nap fails?

Re: Nap fails

• Options
    I just got DD down for a nap and DH tore a paper towel in half next to her head, it startled her and woke her up. I almost threw my phone at his head!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    misamima said:
    One word: Toddler
    Lol my sister has a toddler 3yrs old and they often visit. She also has a 6mnth old so when we all get together it's quite the day lol. He's pretty good when you say shh she's sleeping.
  • Options
    Everett fights naps with every fiber of his being, it take me performing this circus show of effort to get him down. The other day it took 45 minutes to get him down so I quietly tip toe out of the room. I come back a few minutes later bc my phone needed to stay with him since it was playing the white noise. I innocently thought I could quietly sit next to him while eating my oatmeal until the softest clink of my spoon on the bowl caused his eyes to shoot open and it was all over  :|
  • Options
    misamima said:
    The struggle is real.
  • Options
    I feel like every time I try and put babe down its a nap fail (eyes fly open within 10 minutes EVERY TIME, noise of not), so I was pretty proud of myself when I ninja'd out from under him today and he actually not only stayed asleep on the bed while my DH kept watch, but slept for a total of 2 hrs!!! His max is usually 45 mins except for one nap a day and only if I'm holding him. I know that's the opposite of a nap fail but I had to celebrate somewhere!!
  • Options
    misamima said:
    My mom just bought my toddler a band set...need I say more.. :|

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• Options
    I tried singing DD to sleep earlier and she proceeded to sing with me and apparently thought it was funny bc she kept laughing. Then the only one that fell asleep was me. 
  • Options
    Katy0525 said:
    misamima said:
    Noooooooo

BIL got one for DD for her 2nd birthday. It's still unopened in the basement. Where it rightfully belongs. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    misamima said:
    Katy0525 said:
    misamima said:
    Noooooooo

BIL got one for DD for her 2nd birthday. It's still unopened in the basement. Where it rightfully belongs. 
    If someone gave my toddler son this gift, they would probably be banned from visiting us ever again. He is able to make enough noise by himself that anymore would be crazy!  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Everyday is a nap fail. By the time I've tried to get him to sleep and put him down, at least 3 times, it's time to eat again and I have to start all over. This week it was my goal for DS to nap in his Rnp or crib and it's Thursday and he his running total for the week is 1.5 hours.
  • Options
    Naps are the worst.  It always ends with her crying and me giving up and letting her nap in my arms.  I love my little girl, but mama needs some me time.  I'm also still getting up multiple times a night so I basically feel as though I will never sleep again.  
  • Options
    RSB1982 said:
    Naps are the worst.  It always ends with her crying and me giving up and letting her nap in my arms.  I love my little girl, but mama needs some me time.  I'm also still getting up multiple times a night so I basically feel as though I will never sleep again.  
    Yes me too, it seems like this is a phase for this age since so many of us have the same issues. I have lay beside her for her to nap, and then the nap is still 20-35 mins :grimace: 
  • Options
    I just want to sit down for a bit by myself!
  • Options
    Yes, I just want an hour to myself where I don't have to be entertaining, nurturing or feeding someone!  But everyone says enjoy this time because they grow up so quickly.....
  • Options
    RSB1982 said:
    Yes, I just want an hour to myself where I don't have to be entertaining, nurturing or feeding someone!  But everyone says enjoy this time because they grow up so quickly.....

I know but we can still enjoy it with an hour to ourselves a day ;) my doctor was like no matter how much you love anyone in this world, you always need a break, even a short one. :) 
  • Options
    I may or may not be sitting at my kitchen table with my afternoon coffee watching DS sleep in his bouncy chair in front of the dishwasher. It's his third nap of the day and the others only lasted about 45 minutes each. 
  • Options
    rgzrgz member
    My dog is one cause (of many) of DD's nap fails. When she was in our room the pup would jump off the bed just as she fell asleep and wake her up. Now that she's in her room the dog will either refuse to leave her room with me once I've gotten DD to sleep so she sometimes wakes up when I'm trying to get him from under her crib or behind her chair, or else he likes to 'shake it out' and his tags on his collar jingle and startle her awake.  I put a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs just to keep him away...too bad it hasn't improved her napping much since there are so many other nap fail culprits! 
  • Options
    We were having a weird fly infestation... So my dad was vacuuming them up. Of course he decided to do this right when I finally got her down for her first nap in over a days time where I wasn't holding her! I was so mad... 

I also have the DH sneezing problem. This week has also been hard with me watching my sisters kids and they keep wanting to see the baby and walk in when I'm about to get her down. 

one of my worst though was after a tough day I got her down for bed time, went to put some pumped milk away in the mini fridge in our closet and I bumped the swing on my way away from the fridge... Yes she woke up and we had to start all over again.