Pregnant after a Loss

Lurking from TTC after loss.

Hi ladies! I had d&c on February 23rd at 15 weeks. I'm wondering if any of you know when ovulation should occur after a miscarriage. We decided to start trying asap. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lurking from TTC after loss.

• Unfortunately it all depends on your body.  I got my first AF 42 days after my D&C.  So I could have ovulated about 2 weeks before that point.  I started temping again about 2 weeks after my D&C so I would have an idea as to when AF would show her face.  We were told to wait one cycle and we did so I wasn't worried about catching ovulation for pregnancy purposes.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Agree with @bntfroggie. It will depend. Please first make sure with your provider that it's ok to try again so soon. Providers have different recommendations based on each patient's specific scenario. I was told to wait for two AF's. For me, I don't believe I ovulated after my D&C/first AF. The first full cycle after D&C I'm not sure I ovulated either (I wasn't temping at the time but based on odd CM/CP). I started temping the second cycle and it confirmed ovulation, and I got pregnant that cycle. Luckily for me, my cycles went right back to 27-29 days, but many women have irregular cycles after D&C, so don't be surprised if that happens to you. I highly recommend temping, using the Fertility Friend app, and reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't. It's life-changing! Also, if you haven't been there yet, the TTCAL board is full of awesome ladies with lots of experience and knowledge to help you. I wasn't there long, but the community there is great.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told to wait a cycle after my d&e, but it took two months for my hcg to drop. (My d&c was at 11 weeks.) Everyone is different, like the PP's said. I wish you luck.

P.S. If you use opk's, be warned that lingering hcg will turn them positive.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)