TTC after 35

Sporadic spotting as a period?

Last week my "period" consisted of sporadic spotting, and at times 12 hours with no spotting.

I have only started actively ttc last month so don't chart. I have been going according to cycle length, which had been consistent at 28 days for the past year.

Now I am in a pickle, would I be right in assuming that last week was the first week of my cycle?

Best Answer

Re: Sporadic spotting as a period?

• Thanks for the response. I have taken a few hpts, all negative.

To be on the safe side will make sure to get busy in the bedroom this week ☺
  • Loading the player...
  • @gargoylemel is that a typical occurrence for you with only spotting and not having an actual flow with AF?
    I would definitely talk to your dr about that, sounds like you would benefit from having your hormones tested. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Have you been under more stress than usual or did you start a new work out routine? Those can both cause what you describe, but would be a sign that you probably aren't ovulating....happened to me one summer when I went from not doing anything physical to swimming every day. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey

It isn't a normal occurrence, which is why I don't know what to make of it. I contacted my Dr, who basically told me to wait to see if it is a trend. So not all that helpful.

As far as I know there has been no change in my life to cause a change in my cycle. The only stress / pressure I am under is the Dr giving me 3 months to fall pregnant before she starts prescribing clomed. Hence me being anxious ☺