Baby Showers

convertible diaper bag

I'm looking for a diaper bag that converts to book bag (especially for when my husband is out with the baby). One that is affordably priced.  I was looking for one at babies r us when I went to do my registry  but didn't see any.  Anyone has ideas on where  can find one and for how much?

Re: convertible diaper bag

• What do you mean converts to a book bag? Can he not just put whatever he needs in the diaper bag?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • By book bag do you mean backpack? Because there are a few cute ones on the market. If however (like my DH) you're trying to use the diaper bag as a non-baby bag when you don't need it anymore, you might have a harder time. I think lily jade and skip hop have cute backpack/ messenger style diaper bags.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Just buy a backpack or a cool messenger bag.  Diapers can go in there too.
  • I meant a diaper bag that is tote-like that converts into a backpack by just maybe manipulating the straps somehow. 
  • AEG84AEG84 member
    edited March 2016
    Ju-ju-be and Petunia Picklebottom both offer bags that can be used either messenger style with a long strap or backpack style with two straps. I went with a JJB BFF because the fabric is wipeable and I preferred the patterns offered. They do offer several neutral patterns if you are looking for something non-girly. Skip Hop also offers the Forma backpack, which we received from our registry, that is just a backpack. (Side note if you buy any of these - best deals seem to be on Amazon or from Buy Buy Baby with a coupon.)